First scan??

Belle171210

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!!
I have just found out that I'm pregnant for the first time and very very excited! Currently just over five weeks!
Feeling a bit anxious about the possibility of miscarrying which I know is fairly normal but read so many people on these forums having scans between weeks 5-7. The thought of me not putting my mind at rest for another 6 weeks is driving me crazy!! When I went to the gp the other day they said the hospital wd be in touch to arrange first appt and scan and that was it - no confirmation test or anything!
I'm confused - can someone explain????
X x x

most dr's dont test anymore as pregnancy tests so reliable you will here from midwife to be booked in about 8wks and the norm for most areas is scanning at 12wks some dr's will arrange early scanning but usually there has to be a reason for it but some ladies on here paid to have a private one done for peace of mind which cost approx £50

Most people will only get an early scan if there's a history of miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy or if they are suffering from bleeding x you should have booking in appointment with midwife between 8-10 weeks and a scan between 10-14 weeks x if you're really worried and can afford it you could make a private scan appointment

i had a couple of early scans but only because i had 2 previous mcs in a row, i didn't get an early scan after the first mc and had to wait to 12 weeks. For peace of mind a private scan is good but i would say if nothing happens to make you physically need an early scan then you have real cause to relax and enjoy. H and H 9 months to you.

I only got an early scan because I was having really sore cramps and on the 1st scan I was only 4 weeks and they only seen a sack with nothing in it and when I went back 10 days later they saw a heartbeat and said I was 6 weeks, try not to worry xx

Thanks everyone for your advice - guess I just have to be patient!! Does anyone else find the days are going so slowly in 1st tri!!!?!

Yeah mines has been really dragging in and I now have nausea all day long too xx

Aahh no - poor you - and here's me worrying that I haven't had any sickness yet!! How many weeks are you?
Wish u better x

Im 6 weeks 4 days just and the sickness has only just started it not even sickness its just nausea to be honest id rather be a little sick than just feel sick, so when do you think your due date will be xx

Am 1 week behind you then - I think! Due 17th December.
Feels like lifetime away doesn't it!!
Don't have any symptoms yet apartfrom incredibly tender boobs - think they have grown a size already!!
X x

yeah I had sickness til friday there!!

And I am quite small in the boob department but they are REALLy sore and growing which is all good, I went from a 32 A/B to a 34D in my first pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back