First scan question

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a question about 12 week scans. My OH is currently living/ working in the US (we found out the day before he left which was a shock). He really wants to be there for the first scan so I am just wondering if it is possible to request a certain date so that he can be there?

x

Hmmm iirc the nurse said to me to wait till I got my letter with the date on it and then phone to change it. Its kind of hard to change it when its not allocated yet.

Depends how far in advance you want to know the date for it also.

Its not the antenatal that deal with appointments either afaik, its xray so you need to call a different department for booking a different date.

Call your ante natal at the hospital, speak to someone there and then go from what they tell you is your best bet.

Ok thanks. He'snot back until 20th Dec so I might wait until I get my app through and change it from there.

x

Hi

Just to let you know that i hadnt received my letter through last week and i rang to sort it out as i was getting impatient - They booked my appointment there and then over the phone and i got to pretty much choose the date. They offered me a date and time and i said i can't really do that one. Contact either your midwife or doctors surgery and ask for the telephone number for the midwifes at the hospital or the ultrasound department.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, I have my scan a week today

xxx

Just a thought...

The ante natal tel numbers I found in my file from the MW, the pregnancy record thingo you have to lug round with you. All my hospital contact numbers were there, written in by my MW, so I just called them direct and they explained about the xray dep dealing with appointments for scans.

I could rearrange my dates if the allocated one wasn't convenient.

I would just call and ask for a date TBH, they are usually quite good :)

Hi,

Never had to change one myself but I think the letter usually gives you a number to call if it isn't conveniant so I don't think it'll be a problem.

All the best. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back