First scan question

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by ASD123456, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just a question about 12 week scans. My OH is currently living/ working in the US (we found out the day before he left which was a shock). He really wants to be there for the first scan so I am just wondering if it is possible to request a certain date so that he can be there?

x

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Hmmm iirc the nurse said to me to wait till I got my letter with the date on it and then phone to change it. Its kind of hard to change it when its not allocated yet.

Depends how far in advance you want to know the date for it also.

Its not the antenatal that deal with appointments either afaik, its xray so you need to call a different department for booking a different date.

Call your ante natal at the hospital, speak to someone there and then go from what they tell you is your best bet.

3. ASD123456

ASD123456 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. He'snot back until 20th Dec so I might wait until I get my app through and change it from there.

x

4. 1sttimemum

1sttimemum Well-Known Member

Hi

Just to let you know that i hadnt received my letter through last week and i rang to sort it out as i was getting impatient - They booked my appointment there and then over the phone and i got to pretty much choose the date. They offered me a date and time and i said i can't really do that one. Contact either your midwife or doctors surgery and ask for the telephone number for the midwifes at the hospital or the ultrasound department.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, I have my scan a week today

xxx

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Just a thought...

The ante natal tel numbers I found in my file from the MW, the pregnancy record thingo you have to lug round with you. All my hospital contact numbers were there, written in by my MW, so I just called them direct and they explained about the xray dep dealing with appointments for scans.

6. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I could rearrange my dates if the allocated one wasn't convenient.

7. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I would just call and ask for a date TBH, they are usually quite good :)

8. DaisyRose

DaisyRose Well-Known Member

Hi,

Never had to change one myself but I think the letter usually gives you a number to call if it isn't conveniant so I don't think it'll be a problem.

All the best. :hug: