First scan today..what a suprise!

Binzy

Reaction score
Went to see a new gynocologist today (we have a private healthcare insurance thing at work so I thought I'd take advantage, no NHS in Italy so the difference in cost is minimal). I told him about the spotting and the HCG tests and he said "well an internal scan is the best thing to do then isn't it?" I was imagining he was going to get me to ring up to book one somewhere but he told me to go to the loo and then get undressed and he did it there and then! It was amazing I had tears in my eyes and there was my little bean and its hearbeat pounding away! I even got a photo! It was incredible. Have to book a proper private scan at 12 weeks (no nhs equivalent spaces left) thank god for this insurance. Feel so relieved. Just wanted to share with you as we're not telling anyone till 12 weeks. Not sure how much longer I can keep this all a secret.

Last edited:
awww thats amazing chick :)))) So glad it all turned good for you. Did they give you a due date today then? xxxxxxx

Aaw, that must have been so wonderful to see after all the worry you've had :hug: xx

Thanks girls. He said the measurements were 6 weeks 2 days but he said it was too early to tell properly. I have to have another scan at 12 weeks to determine that and the nuchal thing too.
Thanks for your comment princess, I feel so bad for you, I hope you've been looking at exotic holiday destinations?

Not quite yet, it'll be round april time. I'm still happy for you girls no matter what has happened and I love to see that all is going well with your pregnancies. When I had my internal there was nothing to see at all, which I am glad of really iykwim? x

I do, when's you OH back? I hope you don't have to be on your own for too much longer?

He's due back in 3 weeks, hopefully! My parents are due over in a couple weeks x

So you've got 2 weeks on your own :-( That's no good, do you get on well with OH's family, are they nearby?

Yeah they are only a 10 min drive away, I was with them all day yesterday and MIL made me my lunch and dinner. The weather is so awful today that I'm happy enough to stay at home really.

So you only have another 6 weeks til your next scan, that's exciting!! And you are in italy? Bet you've got better weather than us lol x

6 weeks seems like an age I have to say and I'm very aware that anything can happen over the next 6 weeks, so trying to put things to the back of my mind and stay calm. I'm in the north east of Italy and it's bloody freezing but at least it doesn't rain as much! Off to bed now as we're an hour ahead and I start work at 8,30! Glad you're being looked after though. Take care xx

Binzy, I am so happy for you. Fingers crossed for the 12 week scan, such a long wait!

Binzy,

That's amazing! Looks like you're 3 days ahead of me! Amazing that he could pick up a heartbeat and everything. I went this week at 6 weeks 1 day and they couldn't see anything yet except a yolk sac. Hoping that all is okay for me. I'm back for another scan next Tuesday and hoping that our little baby has started developing.

12 weeks must feel very far away still.

xx

Binzy thats fantastic news im so happy for you. :) The 12 week scan will be here before you know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back