Early scan dilemma

CARNAT22

Reaction score
We have a private scan booked for 11.30am tomorrow

Just called a number to chase up my NHS early scan and eventually spoke to a lovely nurse at the EPU I normally go to.

She said she couldn't book me an appointment? BUT she told me to get there early tomorrow and they'll see me ..... It could be a bit of a wait though.

She assured me that I am entitled to a scan due to my previous history and said they would def see me even though I am not having any problems?

My EPU see you in the order you arrive.

So my question is, do I got to EPU tomorrow? Or just take the private scan?

I was thinking of postponing the private scan for a few weeks?

Although there is the risk tomorrow that I am left sitting around for hours???

I'll speak to OH soon but just wanted your opinions.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

If the private scan is booked and paid for I'd just go there tbh. I'd get frustrated waiting around for what could possibly be hours. Unless you could got to EPU and wait until the latest you could before having to leave to get to private scan and see if you get seen before then?

If the private scan is booked and paid for I'd just go there tbh. I'd get frustrated waiting around for what could possibly be hours. Unless you could got to EPU and wait until the latest you could before having to leave to get to private scan and see if you get seen before then?

I've paid a deposit on private scan.... It's not until 11.30 but it is quite a distance from where we live.

EPU is more local, nurse I spoke to def assured me I have a valid case to come in and have a scan (she was lovely - they are always lovely there!)

I'd get to EPU for just before 9am and hopefully be one of the first? BUT who knows.

It's basically a case of do I go for 2 early scans or one?

xxxxxxxxxx

I would push your private scan back for a later date. I was in the same situation as you and that's what I did. I got to the hospital early and I was second to arrive didn't wait long at all:)

I'd cancel the private one and go to the epu.

But then I'm a tight ass. Lol.

It's a chance I know, I could end up waiting for hours yet depsite this and the the fact I've never had good news from the EPU I know it and feel comfortable there?

I think I'd push the private scan back a few weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, well how about spreading them out then? You'll be amazed at the growth :)

Yep, go to the EPU tomorrow and try to rearrange your private one for a few weeks time :) it will break the time up a bit and give you more reassurance!

Good luck lovely, let us know how you get on xxx

Thanks,

I'll do the NHS one tomorrow @ 7w 1d
I've re-booked private scan for 10th April @ 9w 5d
12 week scan is on 30th April @ 12w 4d

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooohh exciting!! So many scans to look forward to! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd go first thing and get it, seeing them grow is lovely. Mine were:
6 + 3
12 + 5

First 2 were private and worth it so under the circumstances if you can spread it out it will keep you going!xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back