Ouch! Uncomfortable scan...

bumpy1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just had my nhs dating scan done and the sonographer pressed so hard it really hurt and the poor little baby was actually prodded by the probe! I then had to go and see a different sonographer to have the nuchal translucency measurements and she was lovely and didn't press hard at all.

I had a private scan last week and that was fine too, so I think it was just this one sonographer who was rough.

Has anyone else had this and do you think it is harmful for the baby to press so hard?

All was fine on the scan anyway and I'm 12+6 so v. happy at the mo.:)

Glad your scan went well hon and sorry it was a bit uncomfortable. I wouldn't know what it is and shouldn't be like because I haven't had mine yet but I have read that some women were suprised at how uncomfortable it was. I'm sure lil one would be fine, he/she's got your cushy womb to protect them xx

Hi hunny, I had mine today too and I didn't hurt at all, she was very gentle and didn't even push on my bladder really. Sounds like she was rough! X

Aww sorry she was a bit rough, baby has lots of cushioning in there though so I'm sure they were ok, just you that wasn't! Any scan pics for us to see?x

glad all is ok, cant believe some peiople can be so rough x

Hmm, think I just got a mean sonographer. I'm not usually a worrier, but isn't it strange how you change when it involves your own baby!

Good luck to all those awaiting their first scans, it's so lovely to see them finally, not to mention the huge relief when all is ok.
:wave:
xx

i had a horrible songographer at mny 6 week scan and again at my 12 weeks scan so totally sympathise x

Sorry she was rough hun, just make sure when you go for next scan, you don't get her again! I would have said something if I was you. We had one last time who was useless, she whizzed around naming all the parts of the baby's body and not giving us a chance to actually see and then the pics were terrible, which we paid £5 each for! I complained and got a refund! Will be looking out for her this time round and making sure we don't get her again!

The other one's we dealt with were fine, unfortunately you do get the odd one x x

sometimes they have to press a bit harder to ensure they see everything, i've had 11 scans over my 4 pregnancies all b4 the 12 week stage (3 angels, 1 current 8w3d), and each one has been very different! sometimes they seem soft and gentle, other times i felt like kicking them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back