First period after giving birth

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Hi :D

As you know I am TTC from this month. Well I got my period last Wednesday and it was all gone from yesterday. It wasn't very heavy and there were a few teeny blood clots but that was it.

My periods pre Ella were very heavy and painful. I am breastfeeding so don't know if that made a difference or whether it's because I've had a baby that they've calmed down. Am not sure whether I am going to be able to get pg as it didn't seem like a 'proper period'.

Any experience of periods after birth and ttc around the same time as me?

I think the fact you're breasfeeding has probably changed your periods, you know what having babies does to your body, they just cause havoc! My first period after having my son, (hes now nearly three) was a waste of time really, it was a lot lighter than usual, so much so I wasnt convinced it was a period!!!
\Even now they are so much lighter than before I fell pregnant :eek:) No complaints here!

not sure about the bfing bit hun im ttc again had my first af last month and it was awful worse than my bleed after having jamie and lasted about 13 days instead of 4/5 been ttc since and not had another af yet am now a week late got a bfn on a test so im not really sure whats happening now :( good luck hun hope you get your bfp soon xxxxxxx

i still havnt had my first period? when should i expect it?

Probably soon Dionne bet it will be weird having your AF, your 2nd one in how many years? :lol:

lucky you dionne hun i only had a couple days break and mine was back with a vengence :evil: waiting for next one now xxxxx

I had Charlie on the 23rd April and mu AF started on Sunday, exactly 7 weeks since I gave birth. I usually suffer bad cramps but not had any although it is a little heavier than usual but no clots.

Hi

Had mine on may 13 it was on and off for 3 daus and fairly light, still havent gotten it and am on day 32 used to get it every 28 days, but i tested yesterday and got a neg must be our bodies just acting up.
Katrina

Hiya Kina

I think your lucky having AF so soon considering you are breastfeeding - Ky is 8 months old and I have had no sign at all of AF and I would dearly love to have another child, but am reluctant to stop BF until Ky is ready (He'll be at college at the rate he is going!) :shock: .
I think it's great that your period was lighter than pre-pregnancy. It can work that way sometimes - You've proberbly heard that women who have previously had endometriosis can have babies and be "cured" - I know you don't suffer from this, but if endometriosis can become milder after having a baby, surely lighter periods are possible?

Hope your periods continue to be lighter and pain free.

I didn't expect to have it so soon. I read that it's normal for bf mums not to get their first AF until 14 months PP. So I was all prepared for that!! :lol:

hi, i started having Af when ewan was 8 months and have just finished my second, my cycle is all over the place and was 2 weeks late this time thought i was preg but it was neg. So we will be trying again this month. as i always said i would start trying for another when ewan was 9-12months and he is now nearing 10!

Good luck to all TTC!!

best of luck, here you all are waiting for AF and a lot of us want AF to stay away, it ironic isn't it. good luck xx And well done for Breast feeding for so long, i really admire you all and hope i will be as good at it when my time comes xx

You'll get lots of support from this forum Rusks to help you with breastfeeding, it definately helped me through some bad times :)

Wow Rosieroo, I didnt know you were TCC. Mind you Ive only just got my Broadband back today HOORAY!!!!

Anyway good luck with all the trying. I still havent got my periods back yet not that Im complaining mind LOL :wink:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you :) Decided to start TTC when I got my last AF. I haven't got this months AF but was really crampy a couple days ago which is what happened 5 days before I got AF last month... It's been 29 days since my last period. I keep testing and getting BFNs and am forcing myself to stay away from the HPTs in the drawer downstairs as I just get disappointed! Will try and force myself to wait til Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back