Can Agnus Castus cause spotting?

Fairham

Reaction score
Hi- this is my first post after lurking for about a week. :wave:

I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I am lucky in that I don't have many of the symptoms (i.e. hair growth etc...) The only problems are I am (very slightly) overweight and have VERY irregular periods. (they have gone from being every few months to now about twice a year) I finally got referred after changing doctors and mentioning to him that me and my OH have not used contraception for nearly 4 years and that I only have 4 periods in the last two years. He referred me to the gyno and I was diagnosed with mild PCOS.

I have decided to start clomid next year as I have just started a new job and decided I wanted to get as healthy as possible before I started on any treatment. Since I was diagnosed 4 months ago I have lost a stone in weight (through cutting down on white bread and alcohol). The doctor said I was fine to try Agnus Castus as it may help me. I started taking it 2 months ago.

In the last two years I have only had 4 periods- each has got shorter each time and haven’t seemed like a “proper” period. They have been very light and just light red. I haven’t had period pain with any of them (even though I used to get it severely before my periods went so haywire). However on Friday I got period pains for the first time in years- I really thought I was going to have a period- then on Saturday morning I had a very, very light bleed for about 5 minutes and passed about 4 small blood clots (sorry- TMI :oops: )- I also never normally get clots anymore- it then stopped completely and I now have my usual milky discharge (it never varies! Never had EWCM)

What I am wondering is whether Agnus Castus can have caused this? Does it cause breakthrough bleeding as it starts kick starting your system? I am also feeling very nauseous today and I am wondering whether I should stop the tablets?

Thanks- sorry it is so long x :wink:

I don't seem to remember having any type of bleeding while i took Agnus Castus (apart from my normal AF) - maybe it is your body trying to regulate and due to you having PCOS this is why it seems a little bit weird?

Sorry i can't help anymore - hope you get your BFP soon x x x

I took Agnus Castus for a month about 5 months ago and I started spotting a week before AF came. I stopped taking them when that happened as I thought it may stop any fertilised egg getting the chance to implant.

5 months later and I still spot around a week before AF. I don't know if it has anything to do with the Agnus Castus or just a coinsidence. I never spotted b4 AF though b4 I took the Agnus Castus.

Hope you can get it sorted out hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back