Heavy Periods

Little Miss Joslyn

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what they class as a normal period? :oops:
Since my miscarriage over a year ago now, I have been getting shorter periods but very heavy and making me feel light headed and tired! It starts off with brown discharge on and off for a day and then its really heavy with a few clots and tissue. im so worried that I am getting pregnant but losing it early and its beginning to ruin my life. Can anyone please reasure me that this is normal? I have an appointment with the gynocologist tuesday so i will mention it.x

Ive had AF's where the first day has been heavy like you describe but i dont get it all the time.

I've had periods exactly like you're describing for years now. they're so heavy that i've been diagnosed as anemic and by the sounds of it i think you could be too, especially with the light headedness and tiredness as they're classic signs.

af starts with browny discharge like u said, then i get a few days where its really heavy with clotting, so heavy that the super plus extra tampons still only last an hour (sorry for TMI!!) then after a few days its lighter. it does my head in but its just one of those things, anyway i would check it out with your doctor just to make sure.

kirsty xx

oh, and by the way, a normal period is classed as losing about an eggcup full of blood......yeah right, mines about a pint lol!!

Thanks kirsty, How do you get checked out for anemia? When i was younger, my doctor said I was lacking in iron so would this have something to do with it? i have been taking multi vitamins for pregnancy and TTC. but they include iron. :?
Anyway, just going to watch the footie as its the World cup final. not that im interested in football. :cheer: :wave:

i went to the doctors for a completely different reason but anyway he said i had to have a routine blood test so i did and it came back that im anemic. maybe the tablets you're taking dont have a high enough level of iron in to stop the symptoms, as they're not specifcally made for iron deficiency. im on iron tablets and ive gotta take 3 a day for about 6 months lol :roll:

Six months! :shock: Do you feel any better for taking them though? Its funny as they say eating liver is full of iron and i always feel alert when i eat it. then they say not to eat liver when you are pregnant! Its difficult to know what to do these days as TTC can be a real pain in the arse. i had a runny boiled egg this morning which is a no when pregnant but whenever i get my period i eat all the wrong food as im pissed off! :shhh:

dont really feel any better at all to be honest, im still always tired and ive always got this 'cant-be-bothered-to-move' feeling. saying that though theres been a few days where ive forgotten to take them :oops:

anyway, im no doctor so its best to get their opinion....i might just be saying all this and making you paranoid lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back