First appointment?

Ab202

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Currently around 4/5 weeks pregnant with our first baby!!

I have booked an appt with the midwife for a few weeks time, as I was told by the receptionist that guidelines have changed and you don't actually have to see a doctor first anymore..?

Is it worth booking in with a doctor beforehand anyway? Or do I just wait til I see the midwife?

Hi! Also 4 weeks for me too and my first! I didn't know that was the case now?..I've booked doctors appointment for next week, maybe I'll call and double check xxx

I think it depends on your doctors and where you are. Mine wanted me to have a gp appointment first but if I'd already had a baby they would have booked straight with midwife

Hmmm... I might book doctors then just to have my mind set at ease?

I went to see my doctor and then she refered me to the midwife x

I booked in with the mw myself had an emergency early appointment to get me referred to consultant and had a doctor's appointment to get me booked in with the recurrent miscarriage doctor. (because logic of NHS meant they were at different hospitals :wall:)

Well my appointments got confusing because I didn't see a doctor just a midwife. I havent filled a form out for free perscriptuons yet. Luckily my midwife friend gave me a number to follow up for a scan because the other midwife hadn't done that x

Hiya I'm 13 weeks now and at my gp surgery you just ring to book a booking in app with your midwife for around 8 weeks no need for a doctors app. The MW will go through a load of questions fill in a book with you that you take to every app you go to she will take a urine sample, check your blood pressure, do your weight and also take your first lot of bloods. And then book your scan for 12 weeks. That's what it's like in my area xx

I just phoned my docs to confirm and you were right, she gave me the number to call to book my first appointment with the midwife, booked for the 21st November. I have kept my appointment with my doctor next week as the receptionist said they prefer to see you as well.

Exciting!! xx

All sounds promising then! Wow Keelygracey! Mine is the same day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back