1st appointment today - FAIL

Yoshi

Reaction score
I went to the surgery today for my first antenatal appointment to find out the receptionist hadn't actually booked in my appointment! I showed the nurse my slip and she was lovely and saw me anyway, but when I told her my dates and when I got the appointment she said that the receptionist should have booked my appointment for much sooner, so as you can probably gather me and my partner wern't too impressed. Anyway, the midwife is coming to my house sometime tomorrow, and I was just wondering what to expect? I have forms to fill in tonight, but what will she do at my house tomorrow?

that is awful, glad the MW is coming out so soon though,
the visit will be lots of paperwork and stuff, she may do ur bp and feel...

blimey, sounds like they need a new receptionist! The first time I saw the midwife we filled in all the forms, she asked me questions about previous medical history, family medical history, OH's medical history (this stumped me a bit as I only know about his parents but she said it was OK). She weighed me, checked my dates, booked bloods, booked scan and then advised on things like diet, birthing options, sex, all the tests that were available, it was just a general info gathering/giving exercise really.

Hope it goes well today, let us know!

Thankyou ladies =] I've got a funny feeling she's not going to turn up, I think that's because of what happened yesterday though. I don't know whether to be excited or nervous :):eh::):eh::shock::):shock:

Be excited :D IF she does turn up (which she shud if she has made an app with you) then like the girls said she will just have a feel at your tummy weigh you and do your blood pressure and work out a due date for you ... good luck xx

Faab!! I was given some forms to fill in yesterday, which I'm finishing off now, I HATE FORMS!!

I havent been asked to fill anything out? Possibly I look illiterate!

haha dont be silly. I dint have anything to fill out with my MW like Yoshi does...so not sure. But for work there is flippin loads xx

Good luck! As far as im aware like everyone else said they check your weight feel your tummy and fill out medical history etc. How many weeks are you now? im 12 wks tomoz and i aint even seen a midwife yet :( and i dnt think im gonna till im bout 14weeks x

I'd go around the bend if I was told I had to wait until 14 weeks! I'm around 11 weeks now, but my dates are all over the place so I'll know exactly when I have my dating scan, whenever that may be!

Ahh you should get it soon if your seeing midwife soon as they can prob fit u in early or get a cancellation :) good luck! Lol i am going round the bend im 12wks tomoz and i wont know that babys ok till i have a scan which could be a few weeks :( x

See I think that is so unfair on you, they should be sorting you out ASAP, can't they see you any sooner?

Im currently moving so when i went for a booking in appt here they told me because i wasnt planning to have my baby at THIER hospital that they couldnt see me. So iv gotta move then register with a Dr where im moving to then get him to refer me to a midwife then my care will start. Has been stressing me out but theres nothing no one will do. i tried ringing the hospital where ill be giving birth and they said they cant see me till iv got an address there and a Dr has refered me. x

Its really bad your situations cos im exactly the same, movin gin 2 weeks. I told my GP and midwife right at the beginning and never had any problems theyre just carrying on as normal. Ive even had a date through for my 20 week scan which I need to cancel once Ive moved. Im keeping it just incase I dont get one at my new hospital. Such double standards in the NHS!

What a faffle!! I guess I've had it really lucky then, I'd be so annoyed if I were you

yea all areas r different n i seem to be in a bad area haha x

at least youre leaving the bad area!!! :) is it tomorrow?

Midwife just left, everything went well, I'll get a letter through the post asap about my scan and blood tests :)

Glad she showed up, its nice to make it official and get your notes and stuff isnt it? Enjoy reading all your bumpff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back