First midwife appointment?

Cherrycola

Reaction score
Phoned my GP today to see if I could self refer to a midwife or if I needed a doctors appointment first. Turns out I need to see the doctor first, which seems like a bit of a waste of an appointment, I'm not ill, i'm pregnant! :)

Anyway made an appointment to see the GP on Friday.

When did everybody first get a midwife appointment? And what area of the country are you in? I'm guessing this will vary quite a bit between different hospital trusts!

I am just over 7 weeks, went to see my doc 2 weeks ago and not had any further contact since that. I'm in Glasgow and have heard differing times for midwives, scan etc. I'm going to give it till end of week and if still no word going to phone doc to see what's happening.

Hi
I have just found out I am pregnant - taken 4 tests just be sure! I rang my doctors on Monday to ask them what to do and they have booked me straight in to see the midwife this Friday! I am a little worried because I thought they would have done a blood test to make sure but they said they don't usually do that if you have had a positive result from a pregnancy test.
Rachel

I didn't need to see the gp this time but I have previously xx

Wow rachel, thats really soon! You are so lucky! At the moment I don't 'feel' pregnant and have been doing preg tests almost everyday just to make sure I havn't imagined it. I think everything will feel much more real after that first appointment.

Citygirl I am in Glasgow too so would be really good to find out when you get yours! Did your Dr give you a rough idea when to expect anything?

i saw my midwife at 8 weeks and saw the gp at about 6 weeks who referred me on.i live in hampshire x

I saw mine at 8 weeks, didn't get my appointment through until a week before though!

I saw my GP at 7 weeks ish as had some spotting , and then could book in with midwife at 10 weeks plus, not allowed to any earlier , i'm in berks, I agree unless a prob, it does seem a waste of time on the docs valuable time to see them?

i went to see the doc yesterday and she faxed my refferal to the midwife. she said i wont be hearing anything from the midwife for about 5 weeks though. im in london xx

The minute I rang the doctors surgery I got given a midwife appointment straight away at the hospital with a scan booked the next day and that will be my 10th week! west sussex area I guess are organised! haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back