First Midwife Appointment

Hchee1979

Reaction score
Hey Girls,
Just wondering when I should expect my midwife to contact me in regards to my booking in appointment. I reported my pregnancy to my doctor on the 21st Feb and she told me that the midwife will be in contact but its been a week and I've heard nothing (is this normal?)

Also when do you get your first scan sorted out (i mean how many weeks gone are you normally?)
xx

:wave: I have been wondering this too.
I made an appointment to see gp, which won't be until next Tuesday.
Can anyone shed some light on what to expect?

glad i saw this thread. I been wondering too. I told the Dr's receptionist when I was 5 weeks. Am now in week 8 and haven't heard anything from them.

Glad to hear its not just me then! :)
I thought that I would have had some sort of meeting or even an early scan by now.
I want some validation that nubbin is in there! lol
x

Hi there, I think that it is pretty normal that they leave it to the last minute to contact you but if you don't hear anything by your 10 week point get on the phone to them and chase it up, you should be having a 12 week dating scan too. On your booking in appointment they will do some checks, height, weight, urine etc and bloods. On your 12 week scan they will just be checking for a heartbeat and sizing your baby to give you a EDD x

I guess I'll have to just sit it out for a bit longer. I would like some confirmation of how many weeks along I am instead of my rough DD of 23rd Oct. :)
x

Awww you will get that at your dating scan hun, I was moved forward 6 days due to his measurements. Wishing you loads of luck, how far along are you now?

x

The doctor reckons I'm roughly 7 weeks along (my LMP was 9th january) but you never know.
Its so tempting to just keep doing HPT to make sure that youre still pregnant! LOL

Ha ha ha yes totally agree with you and I was still doing them till I had my scan because I was in disbelief, well many congrats to you hun and hope you get your booking in and scan dates soon x

I spoke to my doctor a couple of weeks ago and he said unless something goes wrong the midwife won't contact me until the 11 week mark. No scans for me until then either. So its just a (icky and painful) waiting game until then :( xx

I think most doctors wont send you for a scan until 12 week unless you have cramping or bleeding. I got promised an early one from the hospital after my mmc but the doctor refused. Ive ended up booking a private one for when im 8 weeks x x

11 weeks?! I can't wait that long to find out if Nubbin is alive and kicking in there! :( I hope my midwife rings me soon!:)

Nice to hear that other girlies are in the same boat!!
x

I think it depends on where you live as to when you will have your booking in appointment, where I live you see the midwife when you are around 8 weeks, she takes urine and blood samples, fills in your pregnancy notes then contacts the hospital to arrange a date for your scan which is normally when you are between 11-13 weeks x x

I agree with Bella it depends on where you live. My doctors transfer you over to a midwife a few weeks after your bfp, we then have a group appointment at 7-8week not always with your midwife then between 9-10weeks we then have a short booking in appointment with your midwife, then between 12-14weeks we have a longer booking in appointment at the hospital with my bloods and a scan x x

I agree with Bella & M2A. My MW is at my doctors surgery so when i went to see my GP he told me to make an appointment with the midwife no earlier than 8 weeks and i was told to take a wee sample with me.

If she hasnt contacted you by 8 weeks I would get in touch with your her.

xxx

i didnt see a midwife untill i was 13+6 when i got my scan and didnt hear from them untill the week before! Doctor referred me at 6 weeks so it was a looooooong wait!! x

you'd think that all surgerys/midwifes etc would generally be the same no matter where you lived wouldn't you! I'll just have to sit it out then ! :(

I had a message from midwife when I got home yesterday. Called today and spoke to another one. They were contacting me as I hadn't registered with Dr, all forms to register with new Dr etc were handed in last week, somehow they hadnt realised the pregnancy form and the new Dr's form were both for me. So she said she might as well book me in for first appt while I was on phone. So 17th March it is. :)

Excellent news SS79 you'll have to let me know how you get on! :)
x

I had a message from midwife when I got home yesterday. Called today and spoke to another one. They were contacting me as I hadn't registered with Dr, all forms to register with new Dr etc were handed in last week, somehow they hadnt realised the pregnancy form and the new Dr's form were both for me. So she said she might as well book me in for first appt while I was on phone. So 17th March it is. :)

How exciting my first appoint is 17th March too! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back