First appointment......

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
.....with my midwife today!

Soo excited, nervous even!

Do I need to take a urine sample with me? Appt is at 3pm so no fmu available lol!

Also as I had two very short light and not normal periods in June Dr said to tell her and she might want a dating scan done!

She said I could be further on and that it could have IB period being so light, short and nearly all brownish sludge...(sorry)!

Ohh its all very exciting isnt it!!

Anyone else here in tri one just about to have first appointment or maybe just had it??

xx

oooooh, how exciting!

I had to produce a urine sample for the midwife when I got to the appointment. I wasnt told to bring one prior.

Would be fab if you got a dating scan.

you will need to take wee to every app but it doesnt have to be fmu i usually do it in the surgery just befor i go in lols make sure she leaves you a pot for your next app as well and good luck xxxx

Oooh not sure about the wee, maybe just have plenty of liquids before you go so that if you need to have a sample you won't find it too hard to go.

You are so lucky having your first midwife appointment so soon, I have still heard nothing and have been told the earliest I am likely to be seen is the 12 week point. Just wish I had an appointment date to give me something to aim for!

If I was you I would stress the fact that you had unusual periods prior to getting your BFP and hopefully you will get an early dating scan!

Good luck and enjoy your appointment!

Ooooh thanks ladies!!
God Im like a kid going to the fun fair! Ha!! Will be prepared to pee when I get there too! lol
If I was to get a dating scan it would prob be next wee now....so if I am what I think I am now 5+1 I would maybe be 6weeks by then so would they see anything?
I would be fine with early scan of course but I dont want them to not be able to see anything this early and for me to panic! lol

xx

Ooooh thanks ladies!!
God Im like a kid going to the fun fair! Ha!! Will be prepared to pee when I get there too! lol
If I was to get a dating scan it would prob be next wee now....so if I am what I think I am now 5+1 I would maybe be 6weeks by then so would they see anything?
I would be fine with early scan of course but I dont want them to not be able to see anything this early and for me to panic! lol

xx

it may depend on your m/w mine wouldnt early scan me till 7wks for the reason of seeing a hb so you may not get one for a few weeks but some do do it earlier just be prepared it will prob be transvaginal was so lovely and reasurring seeing that little hb first time

At 6 weeks they can see the gestational sac, I saw it at 5+4weeks when I went for an early scan.

Thanks SL....and Frankie..... Transvaginal.....internal I assume?? Not had that before and doestn bother me just presuming thats what that is SL?

Ah god im so excited without getting an early scan just seein the MW is enough atm! ha lol xxx

I had a scan between 5-6 weeks, which I just worked out I was 5+5, they saw a sack and said that baby measured 1.4mm, but they couldnt date more than say 5-6 weeks. When I went back for the next scan they dated me at 7+1.

Thanks SPC....wow your 19+ weeks already!!! lolxxx

Thanks for info Mrb....fingers crossed!! lol xx

They saw the sac externally and then she used the internal scanner to get a better look and could see the flutter of a teeny tiny heartbeat! Wasn't uncomfortable at all though.

Thanks Frankie and rosa.... Not having early dating scan I dont think she said if they change my date at my 12 week scan thats fine! xxx

Well first appointment with MW went well!

Wasnt too long about 25 mins. Has given me date of 31st March exact same date my daughter was due 17 years ago how peculiar is that ehh!
Lots of bumph to read.....info to fill in etc and seeing her again in 2 weeks for other half of booking in appt! Told her about dodgy periods but said I may get my dates changed when I have my first scan and that would be fine if thats the case and I am further along....but scan is early Sept so looking forward to that!

Thanks for all your replies ladies....xxx

Oh wilma i am so proud when i read your posts......... the ladies on here feel like a little family to me, especially you........ you have had such a journey to get here.... so so so pleased for you everything going to plan xx

Last edited:
.....with my midwife today!

Soo excited, nervous even!

Do I need to take a urine sample with me? Appt is at 3pm so no fmu available lol!

Also as I had two very short light and not normal periods in June Dr said to tell her and she might want a dating scan done!

She said I could be further on and that it could have IB period being so light, short and nearly all brownish sludge...(sorry)!

Ohh its all very exciting isnt it!!

Anyone else here in tri one just about to have first appointment or maybe just had it??

xx

Just read this and wondered if brown sludge is an indicator of pregnancy rather than a normal period? (Sorry to hijack your thread Wilma - I'm so excited for you it must be fab going to the first midwife appointment!) x

Glad everything went well for you wilma xxx

Glad your appointment went well. That's so weird that your due date is the same as your daughters!

Roll on September for your scan!

Glad it went well and how cool that you now have a date to look forward to for your scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back