"Booking" Appointment

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

My first post in Tri 1, still cfan't believe Mr Bee and I are going to be a mummy and daddy soon.

Left a message yesterday for the midwife to call me, they do it in a strange say here, don't see Dr but see midwife instead. She called me today (didn't know they worked on Saturdays) and has made me a "Booking Appointment" have no idea what this is.

Can anyone shed any light on what I should expect, she said they aim for the first appointment to be at 8 weeks, and my appointment will be when I am 8 +0

Hi, each area does it differently, I had one "booking in" with the 12 week scan and the other at about 8 weeks in 2 different areas. (haven't been to the doc yet with this one)
Basically its paper work, height, weight, blood pressure, medical history, previous pregnancy history etc. You know "have you or any of your immediate family members has this that and the other". And to meet your community midwife I guess too. They'll give you the NHS pregnancy info book. And I think that's it really. Oh and bloods for rubella, full blood count, STDs, etc. (how could a needle phobic like me forget that!)
Hope that helps, and congratulations. x

I dont really know what will happen i havent had my booking in appointment yet am going to get the ball rollig on monday but just wanted to say welcome to tri 1 and congratulations xx

thanks to you both, still in shock, but seems more real every second.

Can't believe the midwife called on a Saturday, she seemed really friendly!

Midwives work 7 days a week, once baby is born they do their visits on Saturdays and Sundays if it falls on those days, so she was obviously just at work and making appointments. x

Glad u got the ball rolling, can't wait to do that bit xx

only thing is that I am now a little concerned that i'll be 8 weeks gone when I see her and that in that time, I'll not have seen anyone, am sure if it wasn't for you ladies I'd be on google at every symptom and think something was terribly wrong when it was really just hiccups

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back