Lola is here! Finally my birth story

jennyr1985

Reaction score
Lola May was born on the 27th March at 1.10am weighing 7lbs 4 and half oz, we just missed Mothers Day by 1 hr 10 mins, she should have been here on Sunday evening but I shall explain all.

At 10pm on Saturday night after having a big walk around a park earlier on and getting weepy watching Ice Age, I stood up to go to bed and had a crampy pain, they started to get regular and stronger. I tried to get some sleep, even had a bath, but the pains were still there. At 5am I went into hospital as the contractions were 5 mins apart and I could just handle them, but they sent me home as I was only 2cm dilated, I also started to have my show in hospital too. I was gutted and went home with the contractions atill regular. Then they started to slow down and be every 30 mins and I thought it was a false alarm.

At 12.30pm a midwife was sent to my house to check my progression, she took one look at me and said, "You don't look like a woman in labour," don't know what she meant by that! I was very calm during this stage anyway. I asked her to do an internal, and to both of our surprise I was 5cm and then my waters broke all over my bed and the midwife!!! She then told me to go straight back to hospital, I wanted the birthing centre since I had handled it so well this far. We left just after 1pm and I started to get stronger contractions and in the birthing centre I just used gas and air and a birthing ball as pain relief. When I was 7cm dilated I tried the birthing pool, but I hated it and even threw up!lol! I then requested an epidural as the pain was too much to bare at this point.

From this point on from around 6pm when they took me to the delivery suite for an epidural it became a blur, the hours went fast, but the pain was immense. The epidural only worked down one side of my body, and I was still having lots of pain down the other. They even tried to adjust it, and up the dose, but it didn't work. I also had a crap midwife who was not helping at all. When it came to pushing she said I was going to try for 2 hours!!!!!! I did it as well! Without pain relief! But nothing happened, Lola crowned, but she would come out on the final push. I was so exhausted I was falling asleep between contractions, and screaming with pain when having them. The stupid midwife even put stirrups on the bed for me to push against, expecting me to pull my legs even more apart!!!! I shouted several times that I couldn't go on, and she finally sent for a doctor. He did an internal, which was during a contraction, I can't explain how much it hurt! He suddenly rushed out, and from then I knew something was wrong.

The midwife finally went out to get the doctor, who had seen the registra for advice, and it was confirmed Lolas head was stuck. The doctor told me to sign for a section as worse case, but he wanted to pull her out with forceps. The midwife then told me to continue to push, which the doctor told her off for saying!!! Silly cow!!! My baby's head was stuck!!!!

Anyway, I was rushed into theatre, still having contractions, without gas and air at this point. They put a spinal drip in my back to numb my lower half of my body, I was screaming so much until the affect of the drip happened!! They did another internal, and suddenly Lolas heart beat dropped, so then I had an emergency section. I never want it to go this far again. I had bad shakes throughout the surgery and until I held my baby in my arms I was petrified.

Thats my birth story. Im sorry it's so long, but alot happened we were in hospital until friday, as Lola got jaundice aswell. Lola is doing fantasticaly, but Im suffering from postnatal depression. Ive been put on tablets, so hopefully I will be much better soon. It was very traumatic, but im so glad Lola is ok, I love her so much.

Hope everyone is well, I will post a pic later

xxx

My God what a story. Well done for getting through it and a huge congratulations on becoming a Mummy to Lola. Lokkk forward to seeing a piccie.

Nicki.x :D

Congratulations!!!! Hope you'll feeling better soon and glad to heat Lola is doing well!!!! Take Care~

xoxo Ree

Gosh Jenny what a birth, your midwife sounds horrendous :evil: I am so pleased that Lola is doing well, congratulations :clap: :clap: I hope that you are feeling better soon - can't wait to see the piccies of Lola.

Xxx

congrats. an welcome lola gorgeous name!
hope u feel better soon!
xx

Congratulations on the birth of baby Lola - I love that name!

I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it, and that you've got PND.

Hope you start to feel better soon. xxx

congratulations jenny on the safe arrival of Lola

Sorry to hear of your bad time xxxx

Hi

Congradulations and and i hope you feel better soon.
xxx Katrina

WOW congrats but if you see your stoopid midwife again give her a slap!

sorry you had such a bad time hun well done and congratulations xxxxxxxx

Congrats again on the birth of Lola! Sorry you had such an ordeal, no wonder you feel a bit down now. I hope you feel a bit brighter soon.

Look after yourself, xxxxxxxxx

A huge congratulations to you and welcome to baby Lola, well done :D

well done!! congratulations to you all. :clap:
all that & having to have a c-section, you must have been so scared.
enjoy lola :clap:

Awwww hun, I know what its like to have a traumatic birth, but you did sooooooooo well just remember that!
I hope th pnd gets easier so you can totally enjoy the miricle you have brought into the world!
xxxxxxxx Faye xxxxxxxx

Congrats Jenny and I'm glad she arrived safely in the end.

What and awful tramatic time that was for you, something should have been done alot sooner.

After everything you've been through in the last few months I hope everything starts to get better soon.

Just pm me if you need a chat.

hope your getting some well desreved rest when you can

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27