Fertility appointment

Londongirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Hope it is ok for me to post in this section. I've been TTC for 10 months now which I know is nowhere near long as others but it feels like an eternity and is really getting me down. I'm not sure I believe we will ever get our bfp :(

I have been diagnosed with pcos and apart from some brown spotting here and there, I havent had a visit from the witch at all in the past 10 months since coming off the pill.

I have a fertility appointment at Chelsea and Westminster hospital in a couple of weeks and just wondered if anyone can advise what to expect? I am really hoping they will prescribe me something (clomid?) to get my cycles started again but I suspect they may just do more tests? I have already had 2 lots of blood tests done by gp, internal scan to confirm pcos and oh has done SA (waiting on the results of that).

Any thoughts appreciated and baby dust to all :dust:

Anna x

Hi hun! I had my first appointment this week and it was with the nurse who said it was an information gathering exercise. She just checked what tests have already been done and booked me in for a scan. Oh also has to repeat his SA and then we go back at the end of July to hopefully see the consultant. I'm not sure what they'll do for you as you've been diagnosed with PCOS but hopefully your appointment will be with the consultant and they will prescribe something to kick start your cycle. Good luck xx

i was diagnosed with PCOS and was prescribed Chlomid which i took for nearly 9 months, then went onto ovarian drilling and finally iVF
Chlomid is the prefered option to begin with and some friends of mine have had great results sadly not for me.
pm me if you have any questions but best of luck xx

Thanks ladies! Just over a week to go to appointment now! I know it's silly to be excited about it as they'll probably just order more tests but at least it will feel like we are making some progress.

Oh and some good news for once - my dh's SA results were all positive so at least it's only me we need to sort out :)

Anna x

Good luck it's the difficult part waiting for the apts to come round x

Hi ladies, just thought I'd let you know how my appointment went. I didn't see the consultant, which was a bit of a let-down. I saw a senior fertility nurse instead. She went through mine and my dh's medical history, tests results, lifestyle etc. she then went off to talk to the consultant for 10 mins to get his view and then came back and said I would need to have an hsg and my dh would need to repeat his SA. Also had to have a blood test to check for rubella immunity.

So hsg's booked for 4 weeks time. Because I don't have cycles, we're not allowed to have unprotected sex between now and then which is a bit of a pain but doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things I guess.

Will them go back to see consultant to decide on course of action - that appointments not yet been scheduled as they're so busy :(

So it is at least moving towards something happening I guess!

Anna x

Hi Anna, what hospital/clinic are you under? a shame u didnt see consultant i guess they all do it differently but the fact they are requesting HCG /bloods and SA is good - its just the waiting game now i know but its all moving in the right direction i promise u once you get results and a plan of action it will all kick off really quickly.
thinking of u xxxx

Aw thanks hon! I'm at Chelsea and Westminster. It was really busy there, apparently they have 1 consultant and several nurses / other doctors so they can see more people. I think when I go back after the hsg I will see the consultant then as he will be the one who has to decide on a course of action.

You are right - it is all moving in the right direction, I guess it just feels like a long time since I first went to see my gp back in jan!

How are you feeling? Not long to go now!

Anna x

London girl I am at Barts just down the road. Good luck with your HSG

Gizzy xxx

Hi,
At least you have the HSG an SA sample tests booked in. Our clinic requested the day 3 and 21 bloods to be repeated, AMH test (the nhs don't cover this so we paid £120 at a private clinic) I had a hycosy and a hysteroscopy.
Good luck for your HSG at least 4 weeks isn't too long to wait.
Take care of yourself xx

You're right - its not too bad at all. I was worried they'd just want to repeat all the tests the gp has already done so it definitely could be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back