Costs of going private

TINKS82

Reaction score
Does anyone know of how much it would cost to get an internal Scan done? My dr's are referring me to the fertility clinic for further tests to see if I have pco's etc but wondered how much it would cost to get it done privately if I get inpatient? & if I did do that would I then have to go private to be treated or could I go back to dr with report etc for them to prescribe medication? It fills me with dread thinking I may have to wait months for a referral. Any help would be much appreciated girls xx

I think the scan will cost around £100-£150.

I don't know where you live, but phone up your local fertility clinics and ask if they offer diagnostics without referral and if they do how much an internal ultrasound will cost.

Your Nhs doctor probably won't like it, mine certainly didn't, but they will accept the results - they have no choice.

Thanks louise that's really helpful. Do u think it would be a good idea to run it past the dr first? I was going to make an appointment to ask questions about referral times, treatment & if we qualify for ivf etc how many cycles we get. My thinking behind going for an internal scan privately means I can have a diagnosis quicker and hopefully dr will treat me, if drugs don't work then at least the ball will be rolling already with referral. Xx

Last edited:
If i was in your position, id feel the same hun. I'd defo think about a private scan, cant see why doc would have an issue, saves NHS money. Ty to relax tho too hun :hug: xxxx

Thanks chazabell that's what I thought and I think it will help me chill a bit, I feel so tied up in knots right now so am trying to think of positive ways forward. Thanks for ur support xx

Last edited:
You sound so stressed hun, i wish i could buy you a coffee!

You would benefit from knowing either way, then you can move forward xxx

How sweet of u, I don't like coffee lol but love hot chocolate. If we lived close it would be a lovely idea. Xx

I live near noone in the gorgeously grey town of Wigan xxx

So about as far away as you can get then? lol

Sure, run it past your GP if you are having an appointment with him :)

Well I phoned clinic today and they said that I should get an appointment within 6 weeks so not long in the grand scheme of things, they said if I paid for a scan through them I'd have to go private for the whole thing! If I did go private I found a place in my town that just does private scans so they would send results to dr's & it costs £99 so I will see what dr says as don't want to blow it for us if we do need treatment, I wouldn't do anything that will jepodise us having a baby. Xx

So when are you booked in to speak to your doctor? xx

Thursday this week. So any help on questions I should ask would be great Xx

Last edited:
Thanks louise, it was the receptionist who said u can't flit btween private & nhs! They'd take my money soon enough though wouldn't they!!see what dr says xx

You can flit if you want to, i bet there's no law! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back