Feeling sorry for myself!

Thanks ladies you are all wonderful. I will try and stop getting so stressed, i am sure it will happen when it happens! Cheers for keeping me sane :friends:

Baby dust to us all xxx

Feel free to feel as sorry for yourself as u want to!I felt so sorry for myself a few weeks ago and now I'm feeling much more positive again,hope you do soon too.My mum,my auntie and my mums friend all had healthy babies over the age of 35 and it does seem that many women have healthy babies in their thirties nowadays so try not to panic about your age!

Sorry your feeling glum Spinneygirl :(

My advice would be to be pro-active and start pushing for extreme measures - don't wait around for "nature to take it's course" because natures not going to be so friendly at your age.

I don't mean that to sound harsh and put you down, but hopefully give you a foot up your backside :)

I have a friend who is 35 and pregnant from IVF and she was trying since she was 30 and her only advice to me was to push for diagnostics asap, and i'm only 25!

I don't know what you've had already, but you need to be going to your GP, regardless of how long you have been trying - just exaggerate.

You need a semen analysis, 21 day bloods, pelvic examination (ultrasound) just for starters. Make sure your hormones are ok, your ovaries and tubes are ok and his spermies are ok.

That can be your job for the week - doctors appointment for first thing next week :)

Last edited:
Hi Louise, i love so much and I dont even know you, yet!:smile:

I dont think your being too harsh and I think I do need a kick up the backside!

Im due to OV this weekend so we will :bd: as much as we can and see how this cycle goes and if still no BFP then i will make an app with the doc!

I am feeling alot more positive today and im not so freaked about "my age" but I do realise that it is harder to conceive the older you get and it would be good to find out if everything is working ok.

Thanks alot Lou xxx:hugs:

Hiya spinney, good to see you're feeling alot more positive today, just caught this thread just now, bad days are rubbish, but makes you feel alot better when you come out of it with a more positive perspective on things :).

Lots and lots and lots and lots of babydust for you :). Hope you get your BFP hun! xxx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I say don't stress about it, sooooo many ladies have babies in their 30,s!!! Don't add unnecessary stress to this already stressful process. :0)

Maybe Louise could add everyones age next to their names on the ttc roll call, if people want to share? so you can see that it's not just 'over 35's lol :dust: xx

I dont even know you, yet!:smile:

I can't wait for the meetup :good: I'll be able to have a slice of cake (i'm on a diet atm) lol

Well if you are due to OV, it's a perfect time for you to phone. You might be able to have your 21 day test this cycle, better than waiting another month :oooo:

Hun, I am 37..... don't let age become a huge factor here. I totally understand where you are coming from because I thought my days were numbered and being on contraceptives for over 22 years wasn't going in my favour but look at me now. Please don't overly stress over it like I did because it just holds you back further. So no you are not one of the oldest on here, I AM lol xx

I'll be able to have a slice of cake (i'm on a diet atm) lol

Well if you are due to OV, it's a perfect time for you to phone. You might be able to have your 21 day test this cycle, better than waiting another month :oooo:

Yeh me too, it seems like ive been on a diet for the whole of my life!

It is scary going to the docs you never know what reaction you will get!

Last edited:
I think they'll be very sympathetic to your situation, especially if you tell them you have been trying for well over a year (don't be too specific) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back