Feeling Really Low Today *Rant Warning*

Sol

Reaction score
Hi All

I had a midwife appointment today which went really well i.e no problems. Ok so I am 36cm but thats not bad and I feel really bloated today and have been text book up until like 2 weeks ago.

So then I had a consultant appointment straight afterwards and after them leeping me waiting for an hour!(can they not put they are running late on the board or something, obviously asking too much there)
I got told they would have to re-do the GTT test even though my sample doesn't contain any glucose and they did the test already. Why is it just cause I am a little larger (all boobs) they seem to thing I live and unhealthy life style ffs. They also have requested a scan for next week and another blood test cause my iron level hasn't been checked since like 14 weeks or something.

OK so I know they have to be a bit cautious but I have had no problems at all and am getting really irritated as 1 they seem to have left everything to the last minute and 2 my consultant has made these decisions about the testing and stuff and couldn't even be arsed to come and explain why she though they were necessary.
Now I know its nice they are checking me over and stuff but there's a very fine line between being over cautious and stressing someone out unecessarily in my book. The only saving grace today was that the doctor I saw actually has some people skills and providing all the tests come back normal she's given the thumbs up to me using the birthing pool.

I have had a rant at home and I really don't feel like my other half understand me on this at all. And what is really bugging me at the moment is that a consultant whos care I am meant to be under is leaving it to someone else to explain stuff I ma as well have been under the registrar I had today the whole time at least I got some decent answers out of her.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:wall2:

Aww sorry you feel that way hun *hugs*
Least you get to see your baby again though! :)

Aww sorry you feel that way hun *hugs*
Least you get to see your baby again though! :)

You know thats whats is keeping me from ranting at some the medical staff. Doesn't help that I work in the hospital either feel like I can't get away from it all entirely.

How inconvenient, just think when pregnancy is over, you don't have to ever deal with them again(not much of a comfort considering they are meant to be the rock for you through pregnancy). It's not great that they have left it all last minute either, i think it's lack of organisation which needs to be resolved! X

I agree, very unorganised and not talking to each other to save you some hassle, fingers crossed all comes back ok for your water birth, sounds lovely , and I agree yay for another scan and chance to see your baby !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back