Do you reckon they will section me?

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Well after I saw my consultant this week and had a scan, the baby was laying transverse :( I have to go back on the 20th for another scan to see if baby has moved. If it hasnt, do you think they will section me? I am really scared that this is all going to end up that way especially since I spoke to my SIL who is a midwife and the consultant I am seeing is her boss - she told me that she is very cautious when it comes to VBACs..:cry: I have told her that I am desperate for a natural birth but I am worried because when I see her next I will be 38 weeks - which is when they do elective sections right? :eh:

I really need this baby to go head down (which I think it is right at this moment) and stay there!

Oh no hun! I really hope you get your VBAC. Will they not try and turn the baby with you having a previous section xx

Elective is the key word. You have to ELECT to have one! They cant pin you down and remove the child from your belly darling. YOU are in control and you have to try to remember that. They can advise you but they cant MAKE you do anything. Sid was still breech at the point you're at so there's lots of time for movement yet - a whole 6 weeks if you like,...because this is YOUR BODY and YOUR BABY.

Have you seen the spinning babies website hun?

I'm booked in for an ECV next wed. They're gonna try and man-handle my tummy to help baby turn. My baby is breech but they say it's meant to be loads easier with transverse babies :) It's a tablet to relax your womb, then they gently turn baby under constant monitoring. X

Elective is the key word. You have to ELECT to have one! They cant pin you down and remove the child from your belly darling. YOU are in control and you have to try to remember that. They can advise you but they cant MAKE you do anything. Sid was still breech at the point you're at so there's lots of time for movement yet - a whole 6 weeks if you like,...because this is YOUR BODY and YOUR BABY.

Have you seen the spinning babies website hun?

I am just really scared that this is going to end in a section no matter how positive I am, I am trying to stay focused on my natural birth but this has really crept into my mind now. I have been studying the Spinning Babies site, being without the internet all week has been so bad because that is the site that I wanted to look at the most.

The most frustrating thing is that I think baby is head down but all the little movements I can feel make me doubt it - just going to have to try all the techniques, I will need counselling if I end up with another section I just know it - just the thought of it had me in tears tonight :(

I'm booked in for an ECV next wed. They're gonna try and man-handle my tummy to help baby turn. My baby is breech but they say it's meant to be loads easier with transverse babies :) It's a tablet to relax your womb, then they gently turn baby under constant monitoring. X

Thanks hun, I would definitely ask for them to consider this :)

Definately ask them - my hospital said they have a 50% success rate but if it gets me out of theatre i'm not complaining!

I was told they do the ECV normally at 37 weeks but as our bubs is 1lb 8oz bigger than he/she should be they're doing it dead on 36 weeks with me. I've gotta go back a week later where they'll make sure bubs is still head down, if not, they're happy to try the ECV a second time round. If, a week later, baby is still in wrong position i'll need a section at 39 weeks Xx

Keeping everything crossed for both of you x

Yeah me too - come on babes be good for your mummies! Try not to panic to much RM and i completely agree with MM it is your choice. I spoke to mw today and she commented on my wide ranging measurements which i have told her i'm not concerned about. She asked me about what consultant said and because he has signed me off for home birth there is not much they can do even if they think it is going to be a big baby. She did add though that the consultant that i saw is very pro natural birth and only gives ladies consultant led care if absolutely nessesary - and she commented that there is another consutant at the same hospital that they don't like their ladies to see because he is the opposite!
So make sure you take your time and consider all your options - you can say no at 38 weeks and yes at 39! Try and keep your options open and give babe as much time as possible to turn on his/her own xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back