WARNING! Rant alert! Lol!

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Please excuse the rant!!! I'm extremely hormonal today. Gonna sound like a spoilt brat and I know it so please don't comment if ur gonna say I'm being petty! I'm not after sympathy either, just a rant!

Had a call from my younger brother, his gf's waters have broken and they r at the hospital. she is 36+1 so due 17th march.

I know this sounds so stupid but I'm so :censored: off. She has near enough stolen my due date (not bothered about the date - she can have it, but it's just the principle).

My brother has never let me do anything on my own. Always picked on me and beat me up as a child, ruined near enough everything I have ever owned out of jealousy.

Some of u may remember my rant about them announcing their pregnancy the day after me (wouldn't've minded but it took us 2 and a half years to conceive, they had only been together 5 months and they had a mc in April when they had been together 2 months).

Since that day, I hoped we had different flavour babies so they wouldn't be compared to each other as much. Thankfully, we r having a boy and they are having a girl. That kinda made me feel slightly better about the whole situation (again, I know how stupid I am sounding right now).

My brother commented on fb at the beginning of the week that he thought his baby would make an appearance this week, and lo and behold on Sunday afternoon her waters go.

This has majorly :censored: me off. I've been extremely emotional today, had a hysterical crying session this morning for no apparent reason and this has not helped.

So now I'm willing Pip to stay put for at least a few days so their birthdays aren't too close together. And if anyone ever mentions having a joint birthday party for them I'm gonna go mad!! I do not want my baby having to share a birthday with his impatient cousin!

I'm sorry for the long post, pettiness and sheer spoiltness of this post but I'm genuinely hacked off!

Omg I would be too! My best friends baby came 5 weeks early and before mine and I was gutted (as well as being worried etc!) just hang in there! The one benefit I can see is that I felt totally overwhelmed by OHs family after the birth wanting to come to the hospital MIL ringing every 5 mins to see how he was etc it was exhausting. At least your family will probs let you rest and get your special time with baby!

Do you know what - I would feel exactly the same as you in your situation... Your feelings are completely justified.
Fingers crossed little Pip stays put for a little while longer to make the gap between them as big as you can. Xx

Thanks ladies :) feels so petty but at the same time it's a big deal to me!

It has just really irritated me. He can never let me do anything! I know it's not his fair and it can't be helped but I'm still blaming him :D

:hugs: - dont worry about ranting. Thats what we're here for.

I was praying - and i mean literally praying - that mine wouldnt arrive on thursday - cos it was my mum's lil sisters birthday - her 49th, and she's a spoilt brat, who I absolutely cant stand.

xxx

I didnt want pip to arrive on 8th as it was my brothers birthday, the 17th as it was my SIL's sons 2nd birthday and 29th cos of the leap year. Now I want him to stay put till march!

I didnt want pip to arrive on 8th as it was my brothers birthday, the 17th as it was my SIL's sons 2nd birthday and 29th cos of the leap year. Now I want him to stay put till march!

I love how we're ll determined these LO's are actually gonna let us have a say in this, lol xxx

OH MY GODDDD!!!!!!!!!! I totally totally get how you feel!

My sister has recently told everyone that she is carrying a super healthy and 46 chromosomed baby...and all I can do is cry abaout it, and feel jealousy! Its horrible of me, I know, but there it is... out in the open.... making me struggle! I completely understand what you are saying and think you are completely justified in your feelings!

But remember you have ALL OF US HERE who care about your baby and only your baby. Your sil's baby is insignificant to all of us! Yehaa for the PF girls! We can stick together!

Cross those legs and beg baby mac to be late. That can be the difference between you both! You will your LO to stay in while she evicts hers earlier!

Also - think of it this way... the youngest baby is always the one that everyone is desperate to see! Yours will be the youngest family baby. By the time Baby Mac comes, her baby will be old news!

Much love xxxxxx

awh hun hope you feel better, it wont be long before things like this wont bother you because you will have your little one in your arms and that person will be the only one who matters xx

OH MY GODDDD!!!!!!!!!! I totally totally get how you feel!

My sister has recently told everyone that she is carrying a super healthy and 46 chromosomed baby...and all I can do is cry abaout it, and feel jealousy! Its horrible of me, I know, but there it is... out in the open.... making me struggle! I completely understand what you are saying and think you are completely justified in your feelings!

But remember you have ALL OF US HERE who care about your baby and only your baby. Your sil's baby is insignificant to all of us! Yehaa for the PF girls! We can stick together!

Cross those legs and beg baby mac to be late. That can be the difference between you both! You will your LO to stay in while she evicts hers earlier!

Also - think of it this way... the youngest baby is always the one that everyone is desperate to see! Yours will be the youngest family baby. By the time Baby Mac comes, her baby will be old news!

Much love xxxxxx

Oh that sucks! I totally get where ur comin from too. Deep down it feels mean to feel this way, but deeper down I don't care!!

Pip will be extra special to DH's family as he is the first grandchild. He is the only male grandchild on my side so that will count for somethin. I know all babies r special, but mine is the most special to me and that is all that counts.

U ladies r amazing xx

Oh my god this so feels like a day tp air out our feelings, I kinda know how you feel but in a diff way. I find my MIL so annoying and OH thinks she is the best thing ever she thinks she knows everything and is so pushy with her opinions! Today I thought thats it cant be assed anymore making an effort and sitting and listening to her opinions, I told OH (after 6 years of pretending I like her) that I find his mum annoying and I can't be assed making an effort anymore, she isn't my mum so I don't have to. Sound like a bitch but you don't always like everyone and just so happens its my mother in law. My relationship is with my OH not her. xxxx I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, ive had a grudge for ages as she annoys me, and I feel so much better now I have just come out and said how I feel, maybe you should do, don't worry about their feelings if they aren't thinking about yours thats the way I see it. xxxxxxx

I'm due on the 25th as you know but if I go over due mil birthday is in the 7th march!!!!!! He has to arrive before or after that date I will never hear the last of it and nor will anyone else if he's born on the same day!!!!!! My ears will bleed lol xxx

Lol!

It is my paternal grandfathers birthday on 24th and I wouldn't mind him arriving then, but now it's too close to my niece!

Sorry hun just caught wind of this post, just woke up ;)

Wanna know what I think? I think that by the time pip arrives your brothers baby will be old news. He may have the lime light now but when pip arrives (which considering the length of time to conceive him) he will be extra special!!!

Also, when you finally have pip in your arms everything else won't matter but that little bundle, you wont give a dam about anything else just you, hubby and pip. ;)

If pip is born in the leap year date you would have trumped your brother and his mrs big time. Lol!

Last edited:
(Petty definition: I had a hysterical crying fit at 4am this morning because we'd run out of fanta...)

You are completely justified!! Hope LO stays put for you xxx

(Petty definition: I had a hysterical crying fit at 4am this morning because we'd run out of fanta...)

You are completely justified!! Hope LO stays put for you xxx

I don't see that as a petty definition at all I think it's totally justified!!!! You wanted it an has none and it should be hubby's fault lol xx

oh no hunnie thas pants, i would defo be pissed off if i were you, espechally cos of how they behaved back when they announced it

hope pip hangs on in there for a week or so even though i know u want him out , xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back