Feeling overly coddled **Rant Warning**

Sol

Reaction score
Am I the only one to feel like this?
The other half is pretty good but right now I'm being taken off any new projects that they had just given me and I'm not learning new stuff at work, I am just given stuff to be back up on and it seems to have coincided with me telling my supervisor/managers I'm pregnant.
I've said I don't want my training to stop because I'm pregnant as I will be coming back to work as I can't afford not to.
I was meant to be starting an NVQ but now that may be put on hold even though I reckon it would be best to start it before I go on maternity leave, and now it seems all the bits and pieces I was going to learn have all been put on hold and I'm really getting down about it.
I know my hormones are a bit over the place but I feel like they're kind of leaving me behind and i don't want to have to play catch up with every little thing when I get back.
I have said something but I don't feel what I have said has been taken on board.

Am I being oversensitive or silly or do you think it is just my hormones getting the better of me.

Sol xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
It doesn't sound to me that you are being coddled, it sounds like they are protecting themselves from you being off work for upto 52 weeks and possibly not returning.

They don't want to involve you in things because when you go, no one else will be as efficient at it as you.

They don't want to invest any time, money or traiing into someone that is going to disappear.

It's really crappy, but it's the way they work - unless of course you have a super caring and friendly boss.

Not much you can do except look forward to being a mummy :)

That's the thing I do have a really caring super supervisor and bosses, but it's so frustrating.
I think their main concern is that they don't want to stress me out but I am getting really stressed at the the situation and frustrated because I don't have enough work and I get bored doing just one thing all the time.
I just can't seem to make them understand :(

I understand why your work are doing what they're doing, but I'm fairly sure they're not really allowed to treat you differently. Is there a manager or HR person you could speak to about it?

The manager I would normally speak to is on holiday for 2 weeks but I do have a meeting with HR for them to tell me what I'll be entitled to and stuff.
I had a bit of a rant today at my supervisor about it as I don't feel I'm contributing as much as I could be but she might just put that down to hormones so we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back