Feeling of engagement

Lexusno1

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Well last night I ended up at labour ward again. I didn't bother telling anyone as I'm so over it all and knew I wouldn't be staying in. OH decided last night was the time to get assertive and make me call back as the doc said if once when my anti biotics have finished and I still get pains with BH then I need to call back. I was trying to play the pain down for a few days when I was getting them but he could tell!!! So i called and they made me come in to be checked.

I went in and had to have yet ANOTHER internal examination! Again with the hoisting up of the bed and industrial torch. But this time it really really hurt!! Despite the fact that I'm pregnant, I'm not used to having my legs open! Lol! Especially due to the SPD, I have to keep my knees together at all times so not to strain my pelvis. Only I was feet together and had to drop my knees flat on the bed which was uncomfortable but in the night and this morning I can barely walk.

Ive felt my low down in my pelvic area and can feel a little bulge but it's HARD. could this be Jaiden's head engaging? I haven't felt this uncomfortable before in this pregnancy and feel like he's about to fall out. Or could it be the after effects of being roughed up yesterday by the doc?

Sorry for rambling as per.....

Can't really answer your question hun sorry. But what did they say at the hospital?
X x x x

Nothing as usual. They can see the tightenings on the trace and they are quite severe without being in labour so to take pain killers every 4 hours. Jaiden's heartbeat was strong which is the best!

After the internal he said there was 'no immediate evidence of any activity at the moment' so just to come back if they get worse. After 36 weeks though I'm not gonna bother. The only reason I'm backing and fourthing now is cos I'd be too early for anything to happen.

They don't know what's causing it but took a swab for infection anyway. Apart from that, just an unexplained pain in the arse!!!

could be him getting lower down on my ds towards the end i was in agony he was that low down everytime i walked it set of false contraction he was pressing on my cervix that hard

OW! I don't know anything about engagement feelings but you could well be sore from the internal and having your legs/hips pulled about. Hope it eases a bit for you, sounds unpleasant.

Thanks ladies.

Just can't wait for it all to be over now! I can't wait to change a bed sheet or walk upstairs without seeing spots and feeling like im gonna die!!

Not long now though!! X

Oh my hun it.sounds just like me. No reason why I had swabs taken too.
I hope you feel better soon lovely. I do know what your.going.through mwah. And defo think its the head I am 3/5 engaged and it feels like any min when he pushes it could drop out. X.

Oh my hun it.sounds just like me. No reason why I had swabs taken too.
I hope you feel better soon lovely. I do know what your.going.through mwah. And defo think its the head I am 3/5 engaged and it feels like any min when he pushes it could drop out. X.

We do sound like we're at very similar stages right now babe. So you have my sympathy too!

Got midwife on Monday anyway so will see where the little monkey is!! Oh yeah, he's still very much back to back as well! Another BTB delivery!! Fun times! Lol xx

awww not good for u.. I cant say i felt my first son "engage" but i do know a woman at my ds school who was in a lot of pain from around 34 weeks and was told it was her baby girls head pressing right down and engaging so maybe is that. Its so frustrationg when u go to MW or hospital and they cant give u any reason think it always makes it slightly more easy 2 deal with when u know what it is.. Hope u better soon x

ah hun. i have no idea what it is all about but wanted to say hope you feel better soon. xxx

When Kaya's head engaged/started engaging, it was like someone had put a whatever-sized cricket ball into my lower pelvis and it would rattle slightly which meant when it hit the pelvic bones it was sort of painful but also sort of weird... Makes you waddle!

Hope youre ok Lexus, sounds awful having these damn internals - ill be soooo chuffed for you when i see your labour thread as i think its well deserved by now!! x

Thanks Cherrelle! I'm so good at feeling sorry for myself lately! It does feel like a lot to take some days though but I still wouldn't swap it as long as Jaiden comes out healthy.

Thanks tho hun! Can't wait to be posting my labour thread either!!! Xx

awww Lex bless you hunny!

Not sure how I missed this thread! I do hope you are ok - you are sounding a little fed up lol

Don't go wishing for your labour thread just yet - maybe in a couple of weeks lol xx

Oh lovely giving.you a massive hug!!! Mwah I am here if you need to chat. X x

I am feeling very fed up hun. I think i became a little complacent after my pregnancy with Reshaun as it was faultless. Verrrrrry different this time round!

Anytime after 2 weeks from Sat!!! 37 weeks time I'll be hoping and praying!!!

Pretty much everyone in Tri 3 has their s**t to deal with but like I said, all worth it. Xxx

Oh lovely giving.you a massive hug!!! Mwah I am here if you need to chat. X x

Thank you gorgeous. You too (although I'll probably be as useful as a chocolate fireguard right now and push u over the edge! Lol) xxx Appreciated Hun xx

Awww I know what you mean. I had it the other way round tho - My pregnancy with Mitchell was awful - riddled with problems, aches pains I hated every minute of it - yet this one is totaly different and rather enjoyable if you take away the work stresses etc. They do say no 2 pregnancies are the same I never thought they could be so drastically different lol

If you need to vent/rant/moan etc feel free to do it at me!

Any time after 37 weeks sounds good to me lol I hope you have an easy time of it in labour hun - we already know it is all worth it! xx

Lol I am close.to crying all the.time.at.the moment got school run. And I swear if one more mum says too me how Long or your waddling I may just.have a paddy on the spot lol x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back