feeling ill - any hints?

jaxsnax

Reaction score
hi all, i usually lurk around for advice and just see how prenancy is affecting everyone else, but tonight i'm desperate for a quick fix!
since i got pregnant i've had indigestion on and off but since saturday i have had the worst heartburn i've ever had. it's so bad that i get waves of sickness with it too, which is waking me up in the night. have tried to be sick just to relieve the pain but it's not happening.
have tried gaviscon by the bucket load, hot water, chewing mints/chewing gum, soda water, milk (which made it worse!) and i'm at a loss as to what to do.
i still have 3 1/2 weeks at work and i'm a teacher so it's quite annoying when trying to speak to kids and this embarrasing problem is getting in the way.
so anyone got any other remedies they can recommend? just wish my LO would come soon so that this can be a thing of the past!

My heartburn has been like yours on all 3 pregnancies and I'm not sure if there is a remedy, I'd love to know if there is! I have been having half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed into a glass of cold water after meals and a glass of Andrews every day which has slightly helped, as has cutting out dairy/tea+coffee/fruit juice.
Sorry for TMI but I find a good old belch eases it slightly so that's where the Andrews has been good (even if the effects are short-lived).
At night I don't lie down in bed straight away, I slowly reduce the number of pillows til I drop off.
Heartburn is extremely painful and uncomfortable, some people think I'm fussing over nothing though.
I've read other posts from ppl who've had stuff from the doctor for it, so if you're desperate maybe that'll have to be last resort?
:hug: I know how you feel, it's such a relief when baby arrives as heartburn disappears immediately!

I usually recommend the bicarbonate of soda too but I cant have it this pregnancy as it makes me feel more sick :( gutted! I have been having Bisodol tablets and they are ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back