A magical cure for heartburn?

babsi

Reaction score
Yesterday I had heartburn for nearly 5 hours, I had it last week as well and drank a glass of milk and it went quickly (but I was very sick as well after having the millk). This time I tried the milk and it didn't work. Chewing gum seems to stabalise it and it does make me feel a little better. Gaviscon is useless, tried it and it did nothing.

I have heard about fizzy water, has anyone tried that? (I am a little scared to as I think when I have fizzy things I think causes it and I am scared of making it worse)

ripe bananas, yohghurt, milk and any other alkaline foods will help neutralise the acid. or try antacids such as rennies chewables or asda's own brand fruit flavoured ones at less than £1 a pack are quite good!

ice cream! sounds weird but it works for me in the same way milk does - i feel like it cools my chest down. i ate a full tub of haagan daz cookies and cream the other day :D

I'm sure that was for medicinal purposes lol :wink:

Im a Rennies chewable as well, think they are really nice and they work !!!

Ragna xxx

ice cream ice cream ice cream - it's the only way :D

I had it again last night and luckily enough it wasn't as bad.

And I really think it was ice cream causing it now, yesterday I was eating a lot of bland things and the baby wasn't moving around so I tried having some ice cream and about an hour later the heartburn started, similar to the day before. Ice Cream is now banned lol

Hi Babsi,

I suffer anyway before pregnancy with heart burn, and I found flat fizzy drink did the trick, if it is fizzy the fizz hurts wheras flat coke seems to nutrilise the acid. if you cant wait for the coke to go flat add some sugar into it and it will flatten it.

Hope it helps

I cant stand gavison and I am hoping that I dont suffer to much as a used to gag when I wasnt pregnant and had to take gavison.

Sarah

aw man that sucks :D it works for me and i thought i had found the magical cure for everyone!

as my penalty i'm suffering pretty bad with heartburn today! must be my punishement for endorsing a faulty product hehe :p

Another moan, I had my breakfast this morning which was cereal and it starts again, this time for nearly 6 hours :cry: half way through I started getting really bad back pains and it didn't matter what position I was in it would hurt. I went to bed and suprise, surprise I slept for an hour and felt a lot better. For some reason I think dairy products are affecting me, it really doesn't make sense though.

mum2bihope, what you suggest really makes sense, I will try that next time it happens, I am praying it doesn't happen for a while as hopefully we are getting quite a few baby things tomorrow and I don't know how much longer I can go out for with the weather the way it is especially :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back