feeling anxious, please help..

Starfruit

Reaction score
Hi all :) :wave:
I'm new to this forum but people seem really nice and understanding..
I think that I may be pregnant..I know close to nothing about cycles, ovulation dates..etc, which sounds really silly but I've never known how to go about working it out..My periods are very regular and as far as I'm aware, come dead on every 4 weeks and last for 6-7 days every time.

In April, my period started on the 2nd and ended on the 8th. On the 9th me and my partner had unprotected sex.

A week later, I had something like a really odd tummy bug which lasted for a week, then a really blocked and runny nose with other cold symptoms. I lost my appetite completely which is unusual for me too. I know it could be a big coincidence, especially as, this was 1 week after unprotected sex, but..I wasn't imagining it. If anything, it was for other reasons, just very strange. I wasn't sick, just felt very nauseous, uninterested in food especially cheese (favourite) and ham, I felt full up and constipated but then had diarrhia (very sorry for tmi) it was really odd :(

I seem to have too much saliva and it's been noticeable and weird to me, in the week that I had the tummy bug thing, was when it started and I felt like I had to keep spitting out :eh:

My entire face was covered in spots which hasn't happened since I was about 13-14..I get the occasional spot on my cheek area but this was literally all over the face.

I've been bloated, having occasional cramps, tingly bbs, a lot of gas :$..etc..

I think, as my periods come every 4 weeks and April's was the 2nd, that would mean that AF should be here tomorrow (2nd of May) ?? Today I've been having white creamy cm (sorry for tmi), which keeps making me think that af has arrived today, but when I check, just the cm and nothing more.

I've also had some horrible nightmares :| (unsure if this is even anything to do with it..) about being sick.

I hope I don't sound ridiculous..I would just like to hear what people think and some advice for what I should do..the shops near me haven't been open but when I do get to go, I'd like to buy a test, if any ladies have recommendations ? :)

Thank you for listening xx

Last edited:
Hiya Starfruit :)

Did you just have unprotected sex the once?

If you did, i would be very very surprised if you are pregnant - i just don't think it is very likely.

Also with your sickness symptoms being so extreme, i'd suspect that it was a bug.

The extra saliva could be related to you feeling nauseous and the breakout of spots could be due to your immune system still recovering after the sickness.

That is what i think anyway.

If you are going to buy a test, i'd personally go with clear blue ones but they tend to be expensive. Any cheap one should do for a first go though and then if the result is ambiguous then you can buy something more expensive ;)

You don't say whether you want to be pregnant or not, so i hope you get the result you are hoping for :)

Last edited:
Thank youu LouiseB :) I definitely think you could be right about the tummy bug!

I would love to be pregnant..but I don't like to get my hopes up too much.

We had protected sex quite a few times this month, but, that was the only time that my partner didn't pull out..so I thought that maybe it was the most important time to mention ? I'm not sure though :)..

tomorrows a bank holiday but hopefully somewhere will be open for me to buy the test :D

xx

It would be unusual for you to be that fertile right away after your period I think. If you do want to get pregnant I would look up ovulation or ask questions on here so that you understand what point in your cycle you are fertile and therefore most likely to get pregnant or if you want to take a relaxed approach to begin with try having sex every 2 to 3 days throughout your cycle. Good luck!!!

Hi Starfruit, and welcome! :)
It's highly unlikely that you are pregnant I think, for the reasons the others posted. In December I was feeling really sick with diarrhea, vomiting etc right before my period was due, I really thought I was pregnant, but then I got my period the same day and it turned out to be a stomach bug, heat stroke or something along those lines... I was kind of relieved though, cause I was feeling soooo sick and worried of course that that was how I would be for the next 9 months!

It's not weird though that you'd think you were pregnant with all the "scare mongering" out there about how there's no "safe" time during your cycle where you can't get pregnant, and with stories of people getting pregnant that one time the condom broke, or that one one night stand they ever had, or even the girls who are raped and get pregnant. Now these things can of course happen, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule! I have to say both me and my husband has been surprised now after TTC to learn for how little time every cycle conception is actually possible, and even when timed correclt there's only about a 25% chance of conceiving (if you're both fertile) aaaaand on top of that about 1 in 5 pregnancies end in mc before the 12th week! (don't quote me on it, but these are the numbers I have read in my countless hours of googling all this stuff!! If I'm wrong I hope someone else can jump in and correct me!)

I kind of feel like you are where I was half a year ago! My period was about a month late and I thought I could be pregnant. We were mostly preventing, but not always super careful. When I thought I was pregnant I was desperate to find out and I really really hoped I was. Since we were waiting to try I hoped it had happened by accident, because otherwise it would be about a year until we were planning on trying to conceive. Thinking I could be pregnant made us realise we actually did want a baby sooner rather than later, so we stopped preventing, and now after realising it doesn't happen as fast as media and even our education might make us believe we're actually actively trying!! :p Don't know if any of that is of any interest to you :p It's just that your post really resonated with me and how I felt just a few months ago!

Hope you get a bfp now, or soon if the time is right. Maybe you need to have a conversation about this with your partner to see where to go from here? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back