Feel violated and sick!!

babyem

Reaction score
A friend sent me link on facebook via PM this facebook page that has stolen pictures of Lexi-Mai off my page :eek::eek:

I don't have control over who sees those pictures, there's all my scan pics to.

I feel physically sick

tapatalking x

I don't use Facebook so don't know how it works, but you're saying someone has stolen your pictures?? What like a friend or someone you don't know? I would be made too! Can you not contact someone about it? Xx

It's just photos from either your own profile or your friends that have the word 'baby' in it. It changes for each person that views it. Mine has photos of my dog on there cos I wrote 'baby boy' under it.

Titch is right hun! I don't go on fb much now, but I've read a lot about this cos a lot of people have been so upset by it! But it is some weird thing they've brought in that changes for each person! There are apparently some random peoples pics that come up, but they're people with public profiles cx

Babyem only your friends will be able to see your pics on that page, unless your profile is set to public x

It kinda groups everything together, so all the pictures of "dog" will show together, or "chocolate" etc etc.

Yeah its a new fb feature - only your friends can see it

Apparentky everyone sees different things. I was told only you would see your own photos? Any anyway, any picture you upload onto Facebook becomes their property, to use how they want.

As everyone has said above. If you have privacy settings it's not just anyone who can see it. Only friends that can see your pics anyway xx

Apparentky everyone sees different things. I was told only you would see your own photos? Any anyway, any picture you upload onto Facebook becomes their property, to use how they want.

This is why I don't put my son's photo on facebook.

The thing with facebook is it isn't the 'product' that money is made off. It is us, the people who happily share all manner of private information to be used by companies for advertising etc.

I was alerted to this yesterday too and seriously considering deleting fb. BUT I use it for friends and family to see my girl as many dont live near. Its crap. My security settings were locked down but still a pic of George has made it through. Xx

tapatalking

A friend sent me link on facebook via PM this facebook page that has stolen pictures of Lexi-Mai off my page :eek::eek:

I don't have control over who sees those pictures, there's all my scan pics to.

I feel physically sick

tapatalking x

I was alerted to this yesterday too and seriously considering deleting fb. BUT I use it for friends and family to see my girl as many dont live near. Its crap. My security settings were locked down but still a pic of George has made it through. Xx

tapatalking

I set up a photobox account to put piccies of our wee man on to share with family. Although my MIL complains cos she can't work her laptop and insists we print them all off for her to see!

tapatalking

This is exactly why I put photos up, so many people don't get to see Alyssa. I rarely ever put pictures on the forum here and all my fb settings are private (always have been because I'm a teacher). If other people tag you in a photo though, or put one of your baby up, and their settings aren't private, anyone can see them xx

Omg! Have you got secure settings on certain albums on there?
Do you know he did it?? Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

I deleted facebook because I had pictures stolen of Isaac. Got it back a year and a half later and within 3 days I discovered that a photo of him was taken and used by a - you won't believe this - Portuguese newspaper for an article about birth certificates.

The internet is the devil and be very careful. Only share something you won't mind the whole world seeing. Also don't be afraid of taking legal action. :) You still have rights.

And in case you really didn't believe me...
http://www.bahianoticias.com.br/jus...eclaracao-de-nascido-vivo-entra-em-vigor.html

The link you are talking about is generated by wikipedia. Some guy found this new Facebook feature and shared the link scaremongering everyone that 'someone' had created a page stealing everyone's photos. This isn't the case.

When you click on the link it will only show you your own pics along with your friends. If your pictures are set to private no one off of your friends list can see your babies photos even when they click the link.

Its ok hun I panicked too until i traced it back Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

The link you are talking about is generated by wikipedia. Some guy found this new Facebook feature and shared the link scaremongering everyone that 'someone' had created a page stealing everyone's photos. This isn't the case.

When you click on the link it will only show you your own pics along with your friends. If your pictures are set to private no one off of your friends list can see your babies photos even when they click the link.

Its ok hun I panicked too until i traced it back Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Crikey, I was getting really worried there for a second!!!! Although, how on earth did they manage to get MsTortingtons little ones photo?!? xx

Crikey, I was getting really worried there for a second!!!! Although, how on earth did they manage to get MsTortingtons little ones photo?!? xx

Only if it wasn't private. There's a toggle on the photo that says the likes of friends, family, everyone and you have to click. Also, if you tag a friend (or vice versa) who isn't private, it will also be on their profile xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back