****February 2019 Mamas****

My midwife appointment is next week. I've been on my birthing ball tonight, desperately want her to move as not appreciating the worry of her staying transverse. I want to go meadowhall for more sale shopping but after going out the past two days husband has put his foot down and said we're staying in and having a relaxing day tomorrow. Fair enough I suppose haha. I have to go back to boots at some point though as I didn't take my card out with me yesterday so have some points to add to it, plan is to go and see what's in the bigger boots - possibly buy a few more bits and get the points put on haha.

I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable too and getting to the point where I just want her to be here, I know now is way too early, but I'd like to just jump ahead the next few months and then have her here. I really want to meet her now. I'm also looking forward to going back to work, so that I can start the countdown to my maternity leave.

I need to start seriously thinking about the bits that we need for little one, so we need to order a cot (Think we'll order it tomorrow) and then we need a carrier and cot sheets. Our friends are giving us a moses basket so we may need some sheets for that but we don't know what they have for it yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

She has plenty of vests, socks, nappies and sleepsuits and some outfits in both newborn sizes and 0-3.

I don't have any maternity pads yet but I'm hoping I have enough clothes that will fit and also be suitable for after birth and nursing. I've gone completely blank on what we'll both need though to be honest.

Good luck at Meadowhall!! I’m considering popping in after my growth scan tomorrow, but already dreading it! Just want to go and get the rest of my stuff for my bag - although going with my husband is rubbish as he just keeps asking if I really need that....!

We finished our nursery last night! Just need a rocking chair and a night light. It was so nice to be able to put all her little clothes away!

34 weeks today!! Eek!! xx

I don't think we'll head out there until at least tomorrow, probably leave it until next week now as silly going at the weekend when we have next week off work.

I haven't really thought about what bits I need to buy for my hospital bag yet and we still need to finish the nursery. I have sorted her clothes but we need to make sure we wash them all. These are all jobs I'm going to start doing in January. Don't want to be just sat around waiting for her to come as I feel that would drag.

I've been massively organised and already bought quite a few Christmas presents for next year :eek: haha I know that's crazy but we've picked up some right bargains in the sales. Made sense as I don't know what money will be like next year so we've bought people things that cost a fraction of the cost of what we'll pay next year.

What are you all packing in your hospital bags?

Hi ladies, I had my growth scan today. Baby's growth has slowed since last time so I am booked in for a scan in 2 weeks. She was on the average line but is now way below that. Although my boys were tiny and she is on par with their weights, so I'm trying not to worry and maybe she is meant to be this size. Best make sure I'm eating a good diet instead of all this Christmas junk food!

I'm still thinking of names - I actually can't find one I love so I'm worried about that. Everyone keeps asking me.

Has anybody bought a swing or a sleep pod, or something on those lines? I'm thinking they are better than moses for during the day as they are flat for a curled up baby to sleep well!

Thanks penniepie that list is a fantastic start for me as I just had proper mush for brains when thinking about it.

We ordered a cot and blankets today for baby, we're being gifted a Moses basket from our friends and not sure if we need to order any sheets for that or if they still have them. We'll see whenever we meet up with them though and because we're on 3 floors with our room on the top floor we're planning on having her straight in the cot for night time as it makes sense to just put the cot up in our room. I want to keep her with us for the first 6 months at least maybe longer with us being a floor above so she won't fit in a Moses basket that long.

I really wanted to do more knitting for her and make her a blanket but haven't got around to it so will have to make sure we buy some. I would sew some but again it's lots to order. As would need the backing and everything.

Puglover, I wouldn't worry about her size. I've known so many people who needed growth scans because they said baby was too big or too small and baby has been absolutely fine. I think the scans are quite inaccurate but they just try and keep an eye on it just to be sure.

We have a "snuggle me organic" sleeping pad for baby; it's made for cosleeping and is portable so (s)he can have a consistent sleep surface for traveling, etc. Baby 4 and we have never used or owned a crib, never used the cosleeper (it just got filled with laundry!) so it looks like we should just embrace that cosleeping is what always seems to work best for us...

Thanks for the hospital bag list! I ordered a bunch of postpartum pads, perineal soothing spray, and adult diapers (I've never used them but have so many friends who swear by them for the first few days postpartum) yesterday and was feeling very panicky about how soon this baby will be here. I am suddenly feeling the pressure; I'll be full-term in 2.5 weeks, and it just doesn't compute. At least I am very confident I'll go overdue, so I do feel like I have at least 6.5-7 weeks left, but then that makes me anxious too. Especially since I'm "geriatric" (at 36!) this time, and I know they'll want to monitor me like crazy the second I hit 40 weeks, and I hate the mental anguish of going way overdue, and I'm already wondering how long overdue this baby will go...

Oh well, time flies so fast, I know I'm gonna blink and be celebrating this baby's first birthday so I am trying to just settle in the moment and embrace the wait. As much as I can!

How is everyone feeling? I am officially gigantic!

I co-slept with my son but we sleep with the dog now so best to not also sleep with the baby as well. I'm wondering if I need to bring a chair up to our room for night feeds as well though... hmm...

I have no idea about when I think this one will show up; I really thought my son would be late but I had to be induced 3 weeks early. I have the 6th Feb in my head for some reason; probably because we were talking about a c-section for so long.

I'm hoping it will be in Feb rather than Jan. Fingers crossed there will be no sign of baby until after the 1st (my brothers wedding) and then I'll be doing everything to bring on the Labour haha; pineapple, curry, walks, sex, whatever else I read might help

Donna - yeah this monitoring seems OTT, and I'm just worried they might want to intervene. I'm such a natural type I would hate that!

Kholl - I have had the cot butted by the bed with side down in the past, so I could almost sleep feed lying down. I have the Chicco Next to Me crib for that, but want something for when baby is tiny and curled up, so I will check out the one you have. I've not used one before.

I'm hoping baby avoids my son's birthday - both of them having same due date! He wouldn't be impressed haha, and I'd like to give him the attention. 6th Feb seems miles away, but still convinced baby will come earlier than that.

So had my growth scan again today, she’s now estimated at 7lb 1oz - with 6 weeks to go (so 10lb +).Won’t induce early, best they will do is not let me past 41 weeks as opposed to 40 +12.

Think it’s all a bit overwhelming as I burst out crying and keep having little crying moments.

Have another scan in 3 weeks.

She said I can do it, nothing to worry about as even tiny babies can get stuck, it’s all about my bone structure working with the baby’s and anything goes wrong and they’ll have her out by cs in minutes.

All getting a bit real now.... and off the tears go again!!! xx

I wouldn't take it as gospel either, I've heard of people being told they're having 10lbers and having 7 lb something babies. Also lots of people give birth naturally to 10lb babies. You will be fine :)

I went out and bought some maternity pads and some breast pads today. I have some reusable breast pads but thought I'd get one pack of throw away ones for my hospital bag and then in as emergency ones in case I haven't bought enough of the reusable. How many maternity pads do you think we need? Again I just felt a bit overwhelmed to be honest and just bought one pack. Husband was looking at the slim ones and I just laughed at him and told him there's no point. So I've just got the one pack of 10; do I need another do you think? Or will that do to start off with and then move onto normal sanitary pads?

Also had a bit of a text discussion with a childless friend who told me it's men she feels sorry for as they only get 2 weeks off work after having a baby. When I told her that actually you can share the leave and explained that she said she didn't think it was right that they couldn't just take the full time off with you. I couldn't believe how unaware she was of the situation; like women also need the time off to recover from being pregnant for 9 months and from the birth. Also how utterly unaware she was that maybe someone nearing their due date is not the right person to be speaking to about how hard a deal men get when having babies haha

Happy New year everyone. Just think once midnight hits it'll be the year we have our babies <3
Won't be long to wait either. Less than a month for some of us realistically and just over 2 at the most.

Happy new year!! I’m 35 weeks tomorrow, and I’m expecting to be pregnant another 7ish weeks, but would love to be surprised by a baby who comes within a few days of his/her due date :) I’ll guess Valentines Day for fun (that would make me 9 days late).

Oooh we should all guess a date for babies arrivals and see who gets the closest haha

I’ve started taking red raspberry leaf and evening primrose oil, too. Anyone else taking supplements to help prepare for labor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back