****February 2019 Mamas****

Donna how was the scan? Hope your placenta is out of the way!

We are visiting family for Christmas, which is always so much busier than I anticipate it will be! I’ve just come down with a nasty cold that has me totally exhausted. I NEVER get sick!!! It is not fun!

Everything was fine; my placenta is well out of the way. So natural birth here I come.

Properly on the countdown now.

Oh Donna that’s fantastic!

It really is the countdown now. Less than 7 weeks until my due date. I just can’t believe how fast this went.

Hey ladies, hope you're all well!

33 weeks and counting down the days now, I'm super nervous about the limited time but can't wait to meet our son now!

Anyone else here suffering with extreme waddling or being so uncomfortable that you don't want to move?

My son is already head down and I'm suffering with increasing pressure in my pelvis, so along with my SPD, I'm having a great time and feel oh so mobile! :rotfl:

Am thankfully sleeping a lot better nowadays, my legs aren't restless at night anymore and my heartburn is controlled by copious amounts of Gaviscon. I drink so much of the stuff, my binmen definitely know a pregnant lady lives here!

All things considered, I'm getting by and looking forward to eating loads of Xmas food next week.

Anyone here got plans for the New Year?

Bump from today :bump:

Xx

IMG_20181220_181344.jpg

Hi ladies,

Wow 33 weeks, it is getting close. I'm prepared for an early arrival in my head due to others both being exactly 37 weeks.

I have to say I've been sleep deprived now for a few weeks already. I am suffering terribly with restless legs and I'm exhausted upon exhausted, every night. I go to bed early at 9pm and it takes til past 12am of stretching legs and walking til I can rest. I cry sometimes as I can't manage the days with a home educated son too. My hubby reassures me saying it's because you are so close now. Doesn't help we have to move house in New Year of course, and still looking for somewhere.

I am however grateful for everything, and loving the intense baby movements now with little fingers poking me!

I know, although I'm worried these last few weeks are going to drag. Weird to think in 5-10 weeks my little one will be here.

I'm really hoping she doesn't go overdue or too overdue. But is also like her to stay put until after the 1st Feb as it's my brothers wedding Haha, not that I'm being fussy at all.

Ahhh beautiful bump

Mine is still transverse and everyone at the hospital although they have said it's nothing to worry about and she has plenty of time to move have all been surprised and said it's unusual. That can be uncomfortable at times as when she stretches out she'll stick her bum and head right in my side, it makes me feel bruised at times.

Ooh Donna that doesn't sound like fun. I've heard you can do specific stretches etc to help encourage baby into the correct position should they be a bit stubborn. Hopefully she'll move in due course on her own, I keep getting bum to stomach and it aches all around my ribs when he does that.

I've woken up this morning with a stinking cold just in time for Christmas, so not impressed..
Plenty of bed rest and orange juice for me! My hubby finishes work today for 10 days over Xmas and the new year, looking forward to spending some quality time with him, but right now he's moved himself into the spare room while I get better bless him.

Ahh glad he's finished for the festive period. We've all finished today for 2 weeks too and so ready for it.

I might look into some of those stretches as the longer I leave it the bigger she'll be and the less likely she'll move herself as there will be less room. I've also done the dreaded Google and some people have been put in hospital from 37 weeks with transverse babies to keep an eye on them and make sure there isn't an issue with cord prolapse

Ahh glad he's finished for the festive period. We've all finished today for 2 weeks too and so ready for it.

I might look into some of those stretches as the longer I leave it the bigger she'll be and the less likely she'll move herself as there will be less room. I've also done the dreaded Google and some people have been put in hospital from 37 weeks with transverse babies to keep an eye on them and make sure there isn't an issue with cord prolapse

Donna - my last born was transverse throughout pg, and when I went into labour just short of 37 weeks, he was born bottom and foot first! They wouldn't offer an ECG to turn him til 37 wks, so it ended up a natural breech birth.
I never had success with any attempt to change his position, I think nature takes its course and what will be...just try to relax.

Haha that's my other worry, her bum is slightly further down than her head. Oh well, like you say plenty of time for her to move.

Was great seeing her at the scan again anyway; she was sucking her thumb which was really cute.

We're settled down now anyway for Christmas; did the big shop and think we have everything we need. Also bought a Christmas cardigan for little one for next year Haha, it was already in the sale and I couldn't help myself. Hopefully she won't be bigger or smaller than her age otherwise I'll be having to sell it on eBay. My son has always been in standard sizes for his age so fingers crossed.

Hi ladies, good to read all your updates! We are head down here and I'm still getting these horrible round ligament pains, but other than that ok. I've been so busy this week with Christmas prep and I'm enjoying a few days off now, which is a mega treat for me, being self employed I don't really have time off! I've been for a lovely long walk this morning so I feel like I have justified being lazy the rest of the day!

Hi ladies, good to read all your updates! We are head down here and I'm still getting these horrible round ligament pains, but other than that ok. I've been so busy this week with Christmas prep and I'm enjoying a few days off now, which is a mega treat for me, being self employed I don't really have time off! I've been for a lovely long walk this morning so I feel like I have justified being lazy the rest of the day!

I've been stuck inside today and would have loved a long walk! Somehow blows away the cobwebs and then justifies an afternoon nap haha.

My niece just gave birth today to baby Archie - 4th boy. How lovely. Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas!

Congratulations to your niece :)

I've been in baking all day.

Just had an argument with my husband. So our friends have said they'd give us their moses basket, so we didn't have to buy one. My sister then later asked if we had one as she'd bought us one for Christmas; she's just brought it round and it's huge. She's bought it off one of her "posh" clients and said she's upset as while she was putting it in the car the mattress has fallen out and it has a stain on the bottom.

We've looked at it as we've brought it in; she told us to let us know if we don't like it. But let's face it; how can we do that now!? She's already bought and paid for it.

Anyway it's a big wicker thing, on wheels. The mattress does have a big stain on the bottom and the actual basket looks like it has marks on it. There's definitely some baby sick on part of it so we'll have to clean that off and one of the wheels has a part missing. It's not in any knick that I'd be comfortable selling it in and that's before we've used it.

Anyway I asked husband a couple of times if it looked like the mattress actually fit and told him that it's important that they fit properly for safe sleeping.

After we'd checked it over I said about the mattress again and said about how we could check when our friends bring theirs round whether it's the same size mattress; he butted in with yeah because then we know we'll get one that fits, I said no actually it would worry me if it did... We went around in circles as he wouldn't let me finish my sentence and eventually when I had a go at him he said he didn't know what I was getting at about the mattress so I did shout at him because like I said of course he didn't get what I was saying because he wasn't listening to what i was saying before opening his own mouth.

So now I'm pissed off at him and also stuck with a giant Moses basket that I don't feel comfortable with her sleeping in :/ I'm not convinced on the safety or cleanliness of it.

I'm hoping if we keep hold of it for a month or so we can then pass it back to her for her photography business. I don't feel comfortable telling her I'm not happy with it as she has spent a lot of money on it and I don't want to seem ungrateful. Eugh just so stressful

Evening ladies.

Congrats to your niece puglover!

Donna, sounds like a bit of a crappy situation but hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoys Christmas tomorrow. My husband and I will be at my mums tomorrow for the day, we'll be driving down in the morning.
I am feeling more human after resting in bed for the last 3 days so I'm looking forward eating too much, drinking some fake mulled wine and collapsing on the sofa.

In other news, my tiny human has had a lot of hiccups daily for the last 3 days, it's so cute and lovely to feel :preg:

Merry Christmas to you all! Xx

Happy Christmas everyone!!

Donna that does sound crappy, but try not to let it ruin today!

Phillipa, mine keeps getting hiccups, it’s really cute but sometimes a bit like Chinese torture haha.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday (33w +3) and her head is 3/5ths engaged and because first baby, she’s unlikely to pop back out. She is back to back but she said it’s ok and nothing to worry about. xxx

Donna that sucks! I know how a situation like that can feel really, really overwhelming. How close are you with your sister? Could you be incredibly straightforward with her, and basically tell her exactly what you said here? You could say "I don't want to hurt your feelings and I feel like a jerk (or whatever) because I am so touched by this gift; the issue is that it isn't in a safe state for the baby and we can't keep it." If she is an adult, she can handle that kind of response, and she will be grateful that she can trust you to be honest and straightforward. I'm not saying she won't have her feelings hurt, but that will be minimal (and passing) compared to the relief of knowing she can count on you to tell her the truth.

This baby is getting hiccups a lot too. I am feeling them down low, so hopeful that baby is head down.

Puglover, a fourth boy! I love it!! My husband is one of 3 boys and their dynamic is so much fun. My sister even married one of the brothers too, ha! Also, did you ever find out what that lump was on your breast (I'm pretty sure that was you, right)? I'm assuming and hoping all is well!

Pennypie, how exciting! I'll find out Monday if mine is head down.

I'll have my GBS test then, too. I've been keeping on top of the garlic/probiotics/vitamin c regimen so I hope I'll be negative for that.

I'm starting to feel HUGE. Mostly as the day goes on. In the morning I feel fine, but after eating I've been getting nausea again (I tend to get that instead of heartburn, or in addition to it), I think just because I don't have much space. I am 34+1 today and I just can't believe it. I usually get really bummed after Christmas is over, but not this year! I have something so much more exciting to look forward to in only 6ish weeks!

My husband has started laughing at me at night, he said that I just look like me with a bump in a morning, but as the day goes on it’s like the food and drink has nowhere to go so just goes everywhere and I look properly pregnant.

I do feel massive now though. xx

I did end up telling my sister. I'm so glad I did as it was a very awkward situation and I didn't want to be stuck trying to hide it. It was in a worse state than we originally thought; I do feel sorry for her as her client had sold it to her and she obviously trusted her client but we couldn't have kept it.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours has been great, but I'm absolutely burnt out now. I didn't really get any sleep last night as husband is getting a cold and his breathing kept me awake all night.

Little one has no intentions of moving and is still transverse. Yesterday we popped out and did some sale shopping and ended up buying loads of bits for baby. While we were in her room sorting them out I had an awful Braxton hick. I Don't know if I've had any before or not but this was def the strongest I've ever had and it gave my husband a fright. A nice little reminder for me of what's to come haha

We were having the same conversation about how quickly it's going to come around. We were sorting the newborn and 0-3 month clothes out to see how many she has and we think she's okay for both. But we were also saying how we only have 7 weeks to due date now; which actually means full term in 4 weeks - so 4-9 weeks and she'll be here. That's crazy.

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas week.

I had a midwife appt today. All good. I'm super uncomfortable now though - walking around supermarkets or outdoors gives me one long painful tightening which gives me a waddle! Sleeping is one hell of a backache too. Last night I had bad period like pain that woke me up. I have a growth scan tomorrow so I expect this may be my last one if this baby follows suit like the boys!

I'm moving house in Jan, at 36w+, so need to get settled asap.

Kholl - thanks for asking about the breast lump. It was a hormone related cyst and has now disappeared. That was one horrible time.
Speaking of hiccups, my baby is head down and I feel them a few times a day in my bottom!

Donna - I went in Mothercare and couldn't resist buying in the sale. We have so much stuff though, mostly that I bought like new from people.

Getting exciting now ladies. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back