****February 2019 Mamas****

No signs of anything for me either apart from the little guy starfishing inside me every few hours. Getting bored now, if nothing has happened by my midwife appointment on Thursday, she's offered me a sweep but still not sure whether to have it or not? Need to do more research I think.

My dreams have taken a change of direction in the last few days. 2 nights ago I dreamt I gave birth to little girl with a head full of jet black hair (what I was like when I was born) and we called her Daisy, then last night I dreamt I lost my mucus plug. All very strange haha, hoping these dreams are a sign of labour to come soon!

Sorry nothing is happening at all yet pennypie; I imagine it's the same for me. It's odd that I don't have an appointment now until 41 weeks but to be honest I'm wondering if it's a good thing as I'm not getting excited waiting to be told things are happening. If anything I'm just waiting expecting to see her at 41 weeks for a sweep and going to keep my fingers crossed that things are starting to move by then.

Although it would be nice if things are moving before then. Would be nicer for my mum and little lad; she's away when I'm 41 weeks and my son was saying last night that it's not fair that he has to go to school when she's first here. We tried making it better for him by saying he'd have half term, if not it'll be a long time until Easter for him. Although saying that we did also explain that he'll probably be more interested in her by Easter as she'll be reacting a little more.

I've given up on doing anything in the house today other than cooking tea. If I'm lucky I might sort out some washing, but for now I've settled down watching mad men... might be a mistake as I've never seen it before for have 7 seasons to get through haha

I'd go for the sweep Phillipa, I've never heard any bad stories other than them being a little uncomfortable. They don't sound nice but nothing is nice when it comes to people playing around up there unless it's someone you're very close to haha.

I've had some odd dreams too; I dreamt a while ago that we had a boy and called him Oscar. Then just carried him around in a covered car seat.

I had some vivid dreams last night too, but I actually can't remember them now which is really weird.

Oh I'm not bothered by people being "up there" :rotfl: I'm an advocate for smears etci.
Like I say to my younger or more easily embarrassed friends, if you are happy to have sex and do other things, you can get your bits checked out!

The sweep is more of a I've heard it doesn't really do anything etc, but in that case, what's the harm in doing it? If it works, great, if not, at least we tried eh?

I'm waiting to hear back about the house today (in theory), apparently the landlord is in the army so it may take a few days to get a response from him. I kinda made the mistake of setting my heart on this house, but we have others to view tomorrow if all fails.

Today is my husband's last day at work for his pat leave. He's had to take 2 weeks paid holiday and 2 weeks unpaid leave as he didn't qualify for the government leave. He missed out by 2 weeks which was really frustrating but hey ho.

Oh no; sorry he missed out. Although my husband was very upset by paternity leave anyway - it's great that they get the two weeks off but the pay is ridiculous. It could actually mean that some people can't afford to take it which is such a shame.

Hopefully your little one won't be much longer then so he can make the most of the time with you both.

We have new neighbours and they're doing a lot of banging. Obviously sorting things in their new house - but it's driving the dog mad. I'm glad I'm in with him to be honest, hate to think of him getting all wound up on his own.

I think I may have just lost a bit of my mucus plug..
Photo taken for internet reference :rotfl:

Yay - fingers crossed it's the start of something.

Let's hope so!
Currently sat bouncing on my ball cos my pelvis hurts so much, meh.

Well I had very painful, very regular contractions for about 5 hours. Almost went to the hospital. Then they gradually got shorter, less painful, and farther apart. And now everything has stopped again. I am tempted to go in and be induced just to end this hell. I won't, obviously. But this is getting to be beyond what I can take.

Sorry it’s so difficult for you kholl. In a few weeks you will have forgotten all about this bit and it will seem like a lifetime ago!! xx

Well we didn't get the house we wanted, the landlord went with another couple that earn like 3 times more than us (bare in mind I don't work, but have savings). Am gutted as I really loved that house but there'll be more stuff come up and we have 2 properties to view tomorrow. At least we wouldn't have to worry about moving within the month if we did get that place.

Kholl, sorry to hear you're having a naff time with it all, I'd be losing my nut by now too so I think you're justified to complain!

Completely agree you are having a hard time and it's completely acceptable for you to be moaning. Those contractions must be making it impossible to just forget about going into labour for a while as well. Hopefully your body will stop messing about soon and you'll have the real thing.

Phillipa that's really rubbish :( even if they earn more than you it shouldn't matter as long as you could afford the rent. It could just mean that a better house for you is just around the corner though :)

Oh Phillipa sorry to hear that, but I think all these things happen for a reason, the next house will be better! I would also go for a sweep, if you're on the cusp of things kicking off it will help them along....sounds like things are starting too!

Kholl, I hope things just get going, I'm sure they will soon!

I'm feeling very out of sorts today, just anxious and not myself at all :(

I've been like that today Gemsy; I tried explaining it to my husband. Couldn't really find the words though, I've just felt really off - not ill just not right

Gemsy, I know that feeling! The hormones at the end do a number on us.

Oh Phillipa, I'm so sorry about the house. That is incredibly frustrating. I hope you find a better one soon!

Thanks for all the support ladies, I really am in a horrible mental space. I went for a walk and had about a dozen contractions I had to stop and breathe through, sway my hips... like I couldn't keep walking when one hit. And then I got home almost an hour and a half ago and haven't had a single contraction. Honestly what the f is going on?!?

I think the most frustrating part is that our lives are on hold because of this limbo. Like, if I weren't constantly having very intense contractions and could just be going on with my life, that would be very, very different. But I can't take the kids to their classes or go to the grocery store or do basic household stuff when I have to keep stopping to breathe through contractions or rush to the bathroom losing bloody mucus plug and having diarrhea. This is insane. And DH is taking precious, precious time off work that he now won't have after baby is born because I am incapacitated when contractions actually do hit and he has to do all the kid care. His brother is basically living with us (in our tiny, tiny house) because DH went to pick him up at his house on Sunday thinking we'd be leaving for the hospital within a few hours! But nothing is happening. How long can this go on? Honestly if I'm still in this position after the weekend I may have them induce at 41 instead of 42 weeks cause I cannot keep doing this. It's really doing my head in. And it's starting to feel like it could just go on and on and on until someone just breaks my water and gets this damn show on the road already.

I honestly wonder if you should ask about having your waters broken Kholl. It'd be difficult going on how you are without older children but considering you do have a family as well it's ridiculous.

I had to explain the induction process to my sister as she was saying she'd been threatened with it with my niece. But she was just talking about the breaking of the waters and then said that they'd send her home and if nothing happened they'd do it again and again. I had to tell her that actually the breaking or the waters really wasn't that bad but that once they'd done it they'd have to try something else whether it was a hormone drip or whatever else as once they've broken the waters they've gone.

Donna yes that’s my concern; I want to go drug-free again, and once your water breaks you’re on the clock and if THAT doesn't start things then you’re pretty much out of drug-free options! I get another sweep on Friday then my favorite midwife works Saturday so I may have her break my water then if this is still going on.

That's a good idea, gives time for things to happen naturally and also if not it'll be nice to have your favourite midwife at least.

I think with all the signs your showing once your waters go it'll be all setting off from there.

My midwife is away next week. I'm not sure when you see them once baby is born but I'm hoping she's back for the first visit. I'm hoping for an appearance sometime next week to be honest, I can live with her not showing up this week - in fact I'm not expecting her to arrive. But next week would be lovely, otherwise we are starting to look at over half term and then getting closer to having to be induced too.

I've told husband we could try having sex this weekend... Haha it's been a really odd one for us, we were told at our 20 week scan not to because of the placenta thing, then at the 28 week one we were told we were okay to - but my husband felt weird about it because baby was really active and he said it would put him off if she started moving (which she would as she's so reactive to everything) just as I'd started getting him round to the idea we were then told about her being transverse and the dangers of if I went into labour so although it was still early I was worried about doing anything that could potentially start labour off; same with once she moved but knowing we had the wedding coming up. I know a lot of it is silly things in our heads and that we would have been okay; but we haven't for so long now - I have been missing it, so having a good excuse is nice haha. Will have to make the most of it as won't be feeling upto it again once she's here. Sorry all a bit personal there, not spoken about it to anyone

I’ve just got back from hospital. Had another sweep which was slightly more successful as a little open today. Apparently I have a high pain threshold as she said most people would react considering how hard she was pushing. Haha.

Anyway, booked in for induction on Wednesday.

Got back from hospital and bleeding a little. Spoke to midwife and she said that if continues for next half an hour to call hospital but seems to have settled down now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back