****February 2019 Mamas****

I've been snappy today; I think it's tiredness though. I've had to apologise to my husband as I told him off for talking about soup on the way back from the shop because I couldn't think about eating; but then I got home had a nap and woke up ready to eat when he'd made it.

Thankyou

I'm currently looking up dog friendly paint because I'm going to try and make my husband a card using the dogs paw prints. The idea of being at home on my own is clearly already getting to me haha

Donna, you look lovely. Glad it was a lovely day.

I genuinely don’t think she is going to make an entrance any time soon. Think I’m getting a bit fed up - still a 6 days til my due date so I know I’m being ridiculous. x

You're not being ridiculous, I think the closer we get to our due dates the harder it gets. We get more uncomfortable and also start to worry more about going over. I find the closer I get to my due date the further away it seems.

It's weird to think that for so long we were convinced we'd be having ours this Wednesday (because we thought it'd be a c-section) now I'll be very surprised if I have her this coming week.

I'm getting lots of pelvic pain (not sure if pain is the right word... Yeah pain; if they were period cramps I would be moaning a lot) so not sure if she's more engaged now. But I was 1/5th engaged at both my last midwife appointments so from 36 - 38 weeks she hasn't engaged any more.

I'm going to make sure I rest up the rest of this weekend and maybe even Monday and Tuesday if need be; I want to make sure I'm caught up on my sleep and everything just in case she does arrive sooner than expected as at the moment I don't know if I'd have the energy to give birth

Phillipa and Pennypie, that is how I felt at the end of EVERY pregnancy. I've only kind of been able to temper that feeling this time around because it's my fourth rodeo and I know that I'll probably go considerably late and that the best thing I can do is not focus on feeling "done". Of COURSE days like today (with the diarrhea and mucus plug and incessant painless contractions) I can't help getting a little excited, but I am actively talking myself down because I know this game. But with my first I lost my freakin' mind from like 38 weeks! The end is so hard!

Donna, you look beautiful!!! SO glad you enjoyed yourself at the wedding!

Just lost more mucus plug, a lot more. But no other symptoms. I don't know what to think, this end-of-pregnancy thing is such a mind f#$k!

I think it's a sign that within the week little one will be here; try not to think too much about it though as like you say you'll drive yourself mad.

Eugh - awful nights sleep last night. I was constantly up needing a wee and husband kept snoring right in my ear. I've just had a good hour or so and woke up and it's because he's already got up. Eugh I know it's not his fault but I could have punched him last night.

Donna I hate that!! Our night was so bad too, I had horrible insomnia, from 1:45am-6 i was awake the whole time.

Nothing happening for me over here, I tried really hard not to get excited but I got my hopes up and I’m so mad at myself!

It's so hard not to isn't it; I have 10 days to go and I can't help but wonder about every twinge. So can't imagine how you must be feeling with 2 until your due date; even though you know you could go over it's hard to not let the anytime now mindset kick in. Did your plug go with your others? How long after did labour start?

I'm going to try and sit on my birthing ball for a bit today. Feels a bit odd as I'd stopped doing certain things before the wedding as I didn't want to tempt fate and encourage her to come for that date. But now she can basically come whenever. The countdown is seeming a little pointless now as although it's 10 days to due date I know it's actually anytime between now and 24 days. I feel like I should actually be counting down the 24 days. Not looking forward to my due date passing.

My mum's also worried now as she's realised if I go a few days over she'll be on holiday. Although they're only an hour away so she's told me to let her know when I go into labour and they'll come back, to be honest I'd rather not tell her until after Baby gets here... I'd still happily let her be the first to come and meet her (not including my son obviously) and even the first to know she's here. But I know she's a worrier and she would just worry the whole time. I'd rather her be annoyed at me that we didn't tell her than ruin her holiday with her worrying that something is wrong.

Well, I just had a bloody show...! Will keep you all posted.

Ooh Kholl, things really seem to be kicking off for you!

Donna, you look great, glad you got to enjoy the wedding.

Phillipa, I was near Basingstoke this weekend....thank god for my 4x4 is all I can say!

I had a little mini baby shower this weekend which was lovely, I've spent all day today doing housework.....I'm knackered but I'm just feeling a bit of a compulsion with it!

I feel a bit behind all you ladies as I still have 3 weeks to go. Annoyingly I can't remember how I felt in these last weeks with my son, but I'm having a lot of twinges, cramping and period type pains, plus have lost quite a bit of mucus, which I'm sure didn't happen last time. I'm trying not to second guess anything though, as I think they just arrive when they arrive.

Kholl keeping fingers crossed this is it all starting for you

I've still got my pelvic pain and back pain but that's it. Nothing more to report. I'm trying not to worry or look into anything too much as like you say Gemsy they arrive when they arrive. I wouldn't be surprised if I still have 3 weeks until she gets here.

Thankyou - I'm so glad I did too and it was a fantastic day. Even if it took me a full day to recover yesterday haha

Glad you enjoyed your baby shower. I need to do some housework this week, not decided whether to do some tomorrow or have a really lazy day considering it's my first official one on maternity.

Whole lotta NOTHING going on here. I am so sick of all this action with no action!

Try not to worry Kholl; you have 2 weeks at the most now and I really don't think in two weeks time you will still be waiting for baby to arrive.

You did say you had the 3rd in mind for some reason as well; maybe subconsciously that's making things worse for you too. I know when we hit the 6th on Wednesday it's going to be odd for me as for so long I was convinced I'd be having a planned section on that date. The not knowing is such an awful thing though isn't it. I never experienced it with my son because I was induced before I even thought about going into labour naturally with him.

I think I probably will have her while my mum is on holiday; that'll put me a week or so late. We'll see anyway. Now the weddings over I will carry on with my dates and raspberry leaf tea but also add in more spice, bouncing on my birthing ball, pineapple, walks with the dog... anything else that is supposed to help bring things along. Although to be honest other than the ball and walks I don't think there's really any science behind the rest of it. Just anything is worth a try haha

Yeah, I just hate all the buildup with nothing to show for it. I was really ok with the 41-42 week mark in my mind UNTIL I had these days and days of "omg labor is imminent!" signs that put me in a different mindset. I get excited, I can't help it! And then to just be sitting here with literally zero contractions or anything is such a letdown and to be on this stupid mental/emotional rollercoaster AGAIN is pushing me over the edge today.

This is such a frustrating time, seems we are all feeling it. Wonder what every twinge and movement is.

I woke up with a sore tummy this morning and period type pains, but they went and not had them since. Plus, not lost any stuff and know in my head I am going to end up induced, but still frustrating!
xx

I'm really trying to convince myself that I'm going to go at least 41 weeks. I don't want to convince myself I'll be induced as I really don't want that haha - but 41-42 weeks as long as I naturally go into labour I can deal with.

My back ache is awful today, it sounds daft but I took the dog out to drop son off at school and it's only a 20 minute walk but the dog makes it a fast one. He's not the best walker to be honest. Although keeping active by taking him won't do me any harm.

I've then sorted a little bit in babies room as it was getting a mess. Because the cot is up in our room it's becoming a bit of a dumping ground again which I don't want. So I'm going to slowly sort that over this week. I also made the cot up; which is a bit exciting it's all ready for whenever she gets here now. Ironed husband's shirts and put a load of washing on after I'd had my bath - I know it's not much but considering I had said I was doing nothing today I'm quite happy with that haha. Just waiting for the washing to finish and I'll hang it out (undecided whether to attempt to hang it outside or just hang it inside at the moment; it's very cloudy but we're not forecast rain. I think I'll go inside as it's so cold and with no sun I can't imagine it will actually dry at all just being outside for a couple of hours) then I'm going to get some lunch and relax for a little. I think I'm going to watch love Simon.

Little lady is being very active today; I love laying in the bath watching her move. She's still having a good move about now, quite uncomfortable in my lower regions but I love feeling her move so much I really can't complain.

Kholl, your due date isn't far so hopefully baby will only be a day or two later than that. You do seem to be having a few signs; it's just not the major ones yet.

Pennypie have they said when they'll induce you? I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does; I've known lots of people be induced recently and I think it's a lot better than it used to be. They have a lot more options available now.

I’ve done some housework and changed our bed. The bedding went in at 8:30 and has only just finished so going to hang it up and head to the shop for some lunch. I had absolutely no energy today at all.

I have my scan on Wednesday and they’ve said that they will give me a date then. If I have in my mind that I will be induced then anything else is a bonus. xx

I ended up hanging mine outside. Thought I'd go crazy. Ended up having to do a poo clean up before though, that's usually husband's job and he's been slacking because there was loads of it. I feel much less guilty about asking him to go to the shop after work today now haha

Yeah that's a good plan to have.

Well being at home is actually really helping me eat better. I eat a lot when at work as I feel like when I'm free I should be eating. Whereas I actually made it from breakfast to midday before grabbing some food and now I have the dog on my knee so can't get up to grab another snack haha.

I’ve noticed I’m eating less at home than at work, I thought I would be eating a lot more. Saying that, I’ve just called at the sandwich shop and got a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich, and a cornflake bun as a treat.

I’m so knackered from that walk though. Was stripping off on way back as sun shining and thought I was going to explode! I blame the shopping. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back