****February 2019 Mamas****

I can't believe it was my due date yesterday and Daisy is 4 weeks old. Still as curled up and tiny as ever! She isn't sleeping much at all at night but perfectly in the day of course. I'm still trying to feel human in the days as I haven't had more than an hour or two in a block of sleep...for weeks!

I still haven't got everything for baby as she caught me by surprise. I need a changing bag and mat as I've struggled with those when I've been out with her.

Counting the days for everyone here....and if anyone wants to pm their Facebook account I will add you. That'd be lovely x

I can't believe she is 4 weeks either, that's gone so quickly. Puts the rest of our waiting time in perspective.

I tried sending mine in a conversation but not sure if it worked. I don't know if I'm just being technology illiterate or baby brain haha.

Waiting for my sister to pick me up; she was meant to be here at one. I'm not very good with waiting - I get myself ready to go and then I'm ready. I have waiting around. Not sure if we'll have time to do everything we were supposed to be doing though as she has to pick her kids up at half 3! The dog won't settle either as he knows I'm waiting for something and that always puts him on edge.

Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

Good news today is that my husband and I have been to view a lovely house and we put in an offer and got accepted!
We are currently in the process of admin stuff and referencing but our move in date would be 8th of March!!! So once we get everything officially sorted and passed, I can start getting things packed! Can't believe how little time we have but I'm super excited for it and I'll make it work to get everything organised, I organised my wedding in less than 3 months haha.

In other news, midwife appointment went well today and I asked to have the sweep done on Monday to give him a few days on his own, but I hope he'll rock up over the weekend (fingers crossed!)

Fantastic news Phillipa, so happy for you both. Beginning of March will be here so quickly.
Hopefully little man will show up before you need a sweep, but if not then a sweep isn't too intrusive and if it gets things going I'd be all for it.

I feel really bad for having my moan about my sister being late now. I'm terrible I know, I've always got etchy about waiting. I don't know why it puts me on edge I think. Anyway we had a lovely afternoon and I am very lucky that she does photos for us for free and is just happy to use our photos on her page. She isn't a cheap photographer because she is very good so really she could say no to us or ask for some money for her time and skills. I always try to be really flexible with her when we do have some done to make up for it; so if there's anything she wants to try or wants to showcase I'm happy to give it a go for her. We ended up having pictures in 3 different dresses that she has in her studio and then some random ones out in a field near my house because she thought they'd look good haha. I can't wait to see how they've all turned out (although it'll probably be a while yet as she has photos she needs to edit from proper customers.) We then went down to a hot chocolate bar and had a scone and a hot chocolate; was a bit rushed so we've said we'll do it again next week without the photos so we just get chance to catch up. It'll be nice being able to see her more now I'm not at work.

Other than that still nothing to report from me. Baby girl is moving around lots, I'm getting lots of pelvic/period type pains but nothing like a progression. I'm off to Meadowhall with my friend tomorrow anyway. That'll tire me out for the weekend; which will be good as I dont think husband wants to do much. I've told him we should take the dog to the pub to get him out and about a bit more but I think he's fancying just not really doing anything at all.

Hi ladies.....drama for me today.....went to the midwife and my BP is up and protein in my urine too :( it looks like the pre eclampsia may have got me after all. So I have been up to be monitored this afternoon and had more tests. After days of being super uncomfortable, I was actually contracting fairly painfully in the hospital with the monitor on. Midwife said they were quite regular so she checked me to make sure she didn't send me home in labour! Nothing wildly exciting cervix wise....thinning and a bit open, but then I had a really big bloody show immediately and to be fair she was very gentle with me. I decided to come home despite them saying I could stay and am back to semi regular pains, and just hoping to get some sleep tonight. I'm back to hospital first thing when they will have all my test results and will monitor me again, and we will just see what happens.....I would much rather things kick themselves off rather than be induced again!

Oh Gemsy... I hope you wake up in labor! I'm assuming they'll check your cervix for progress again tomorrow?

Phillipa congratulations on the house! That is fantastic!

Donna, I'm so glad you got those pictures done! I'm sure they're stunning.

Puglover, wow, she's a month old on her due date! Do you feel well, and like you've recovered?

Penny, hope you're feeling well!

We are home with our baby boy, Mickey :) He is amazing, I can tell he's getting impatient for my milk to come in. I expect/hope for it to happen tonight, tomorrow at the latest. The other kids are so excited, and also completely wild and amped up on too much sugar and too much tv and not enough sleep (that's time with grandparents for you, I guess). I am anxious to see how our first night home goes.

I can't believe he's here, and that he was born on his due date, and that just 2 days ago on said due date I was sending angry tearful emails to my midwife and rage-posting on here and sending angry ranting texts to everyone I knew about how my baby was never coming. It turns out that the very, very, VERY long prodromal/early labor was the emotional gauntlet for me. Once I got to the hospital, I knew it was definitely happening and the contractions were very intense, but I was absolutely floored when the midwife announced I was almost 8cm dilated already. I was walking and joking and laughing in between contractions pretty much until the last hour. Pushing was the overwhelming physical and mental challenge I face every time, but it was NOTHING compared to the other 3. I was calm and collected and in control. I got to reach down and feel my baby's head as he was about to be crowning. I can't put into words how beautiful that experience was and I am so grateful to be here now.

No proper labour here yet....some fairly intense pains but I actually had a better nights sleep than I have in ages!! I seem to have a slight 'trickle' down below which I will mention when I go in later this morning.

Kholl sounds like a fantastic birth, I'm thrilled for you! Xx

I think you made the right decision coming home Gemsy as you will have got a much better nights sleep at home. Fingers crossed things progress the rest of the day for you and you don't have to be induced.

Kholl sounds like a wonderful experience. I still can't blame you at all for your rants before as you seemed to have the longest on and off start of labour ever. At least once things did get going you had a nice experience though :)

I'm not getting too impatient about having my little one yet as I'm not overly uncomfortable. I am getting tired of people messaging me unsolicited with advice on how to induce labour and saying how she must be comfortable. It's like I'm not complaining about waiting and I haven't even passed my due date yet. I don't mind the messages asking if she's here of if I've had any signs, or just generally asking how I am. Haha I don't think I'm being unreasonable I appreciate those messages but I've had a few "she must be really comfy in there" or "oooh you need to be eating curry and having sex" why!? Why do I need to do these things I'm still happy for her to arrive whenever she is ready and I'm still not passed my due date... back off... also I know all the standard "set off labour" tropes. If someone else tells me to eat pineapple or go for a walk I'll scream (the walk one in particular. It's like really I am walking I'm very active actually now back off haha)

Ha I know the feeling Donna. I am inundated with people being nice giving me suggestions on how to bring it on. She comes when she comes. It’s frustrating but I am not letting it annoy me, but will remember the feeling when the next person is where I am now.

Due date today, although doesn’t mean much. I think she’s going to be a valentines baby.

Gemsy, hope everything goes ok today. Glad you were able to come home and rest.
xx

A Valentine's baby would be lovely. My husband thinks ours will come on Valentine's day (I'm not sure if that's just wishful thinking though as it means he'd get a few days off of work then the full half term and potentially 2 full weeks after that if that happened haha) I honestly have no idea, but at the moment I'm just enjoying the wait to some extent.

I shouldn't let it annoy me; I think it's the people who don't really have an idea what they're on about that really wind me up. They seem to be the worse; they don't know but they insist on commenting and giving advice anyway. But yeah; all the comments I've had over the past couple or days and it's like well it she'd come already I wouldn't have had my maternity shoot (yes mine and my sister's fault for leaving it so late but with me working until last week we just haven't had time) and I'm meeting a friend today. I'm sure this time next week will be a different story and I'll be moaning a bit more; but at the moment I honestly feel okay. I've dug out some flats for today now; was planning on wearing small heels but walking the dog has made my calves hurt so flats it is haha.

Hope you all have good days, whether that's with your little ones or waiting for them to arrive. <3

We should maybe write a list up of who's waiting and who's had their babies on what dates.

Oh lots happening now as I check in!

Please send me FB names those who want to, I've just sent one friend request. Forgive my baby brain please, the names escape me immediately, I'm terrible.

I'm starting to get back to normal, though lack of sleep means I can't think straight. I burnt my lunch and myself too today. Im so thankful my husband has been around a bit to cook and wash clothes etc. He is a diamond. Not sure when I'll be able to cope on my own. He has driven me around too, as i don't trust my judgement yet.
Physically, my bleeding has stopped after 4 weeks, but my back and hips are painful and weak. I need to start exercising.
Daisy is fine, though she has started to be sicky since yesterday, and I'm not sure why. Normally she hardly ever does it. She was high pitched crying a lot one night too so wondered if its a tummy ache. X

Oh bless her; it could be a bit of tummy ache. I'm not looking forward to driving around on my own with baby either. I think I'll have to make sure I do couple of short journeys to get used to it before I have to do any longer ones.

I had a lovely day shopping today :) got home and I'm having what I think are braxton hicks. They're painful but not taking my breath away. It started as more period cramps but they've progressed to full bump. I haven't timed them yet as like I say I'm positive it's not the real thing, but they seem to be coming quite regularly.

I'm still here girls!!! My protein is high but not so high to panic them and my BP has come down a little....so I'm back for more monitoring on Tuesday.

I'm losing a bit more of my plug, but the contractions are more sporadic now so I think I'm in for a quiet weekend and we shall see what happens.

I had forgotten how annoying this end bit is with feeling like a watched pot never boiling!!

Just joined messenger and sent you my info, Penny!

I sent my name on a conversation thing....not sure if it's come through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back