****February 2019 Mamas****

Wednesday; that's exciting - so within the week you'll have your little one. I can't lie I'm massively jealous. I have plans the next few days, but I'd happily go into labour instead haha.

Eugh - proper baby brain today.

Went to ASDA to pick up a breastpump that I ordered this morning - did a food shop and it wasn't until just now I've realised that I forgot my parcel. I've asked my sister if she'll take me back tomorrow as I don't fancy taking the car out again when I don't need it that desperately. Also hoping having her take me will remind me to actually pick the stupid thing up.

Kholl, I am sure your little one is going to pop right out once they decide too, sounds like you are just have a bit of a drawn out early labour, it can't be long for you now!

Pennypie....great to have a date to count down to!

How are you feeling today Donna? I'm still really out of sorts, it doesn't help that I've got a horrible cold, but I definitely feel like I have a fresh batch of hormones! I am weepy and emotional....I had to deal with a minor issue with one of my staff today (we run our own business so I have about 15 people working for me), and I just felt like I couldn't cope :(

I had a manicure and pedicure today (mostly as I can't reach my toes so I thought it would be nice!), which was lovely, but I can't shake this unsettled feeling, its not nice at all, and quite unlike me. For the last day or so, lots of cramping and strong braxton hicks....but having been overdue with my last, I'm fully expecting the same, I'm not sure I'd know what to do if I went into labour early! lol

Ladies, our son is here! I am over the moon and still in disbelief, I never would have guessed it 24 hours ago. We don’t have a name yet, he was 8lbs1oz, beautiful unmedicated birth, he arrived just over 2 hrs after we got to the hospital! We are utterly smitten!

Last edited:
Ahh congratulation Kholl that's fantastic news <3 hope he's settling in well. Can't wait to hear all about him and a name when he gets one.

I'm feeling a bit better today; actually got some stuff sorted in the house. Getting some sharp lower abdomen pains though :(

Glad you enjoyed your manicure and pedicure - hope you shake that feeling soon. Maybe it's because you're still busy with work? Means you'll have a lot on your mind.

Aw yay congratulations Kholl and family!! Bet you're all so pleased to welcome him into the world finally.
Can't wait to see some pics of you and bubba. Xx

Due date for me today and still nothing apart from a ton of pressure on the front of my pubic bone.
I'm. Currently scoffing my face with prawn crackers watching Shipwrecked on TV.

I want stuff to happen, I feel like I'm gonna be the last to pop at this rate! :rotfl:

Kholl - amazing news. I am so happy for you!! Congratulations. xxxxx

I reckon I'll be with you at the end of the month Phillipa, in fact because you're a week ahead due date wise I'll be a week behind with any intervention as well. I don't think my sister was far off with her guess of the 27th for when this one will show up.

I better not pop at the end of the month! I think I'll go mad if I wait that long! I really hope it happens soon, I want to meet our little man, I'm going mad.

Me too; I just can't see it happening anytime soon. But I suppose not everyone gets signs beforehand. It could just all kick off.
I'm trying to stay active by going on my ball, walking the dog and doing bits around the house in an attempt to encourage things to progress. But considering it took her so long to even move into a head down position despite me having an active job I don't think it will really have any say in what goes on.

My mum was asking what I was upto tomorrow and when I told her she said "oh I hope she doesn't come tonight then otherwise you'll miss out" haha it's like do you know what - I can live without a maternity photo shoot if I need to. I doubt that'll happen though; the weekend would be nice - Saturday night into Sunday. I'd be happy with that and it'd make things easy as son will be at his dad's.

I attempted to make a birthday card for my husband from the dog, using paw prints today. The dog was not impressed with the finger painting. I managed to get one paw print when I feel like I needed three. Oh well; he is still my little buddy - he's been following me around the house all afternoon even once husband and son got home. I think he's appreciating me being home with him; although he's bossing me around a lot - made me take him for a walk when he wanted to go and pick up his blanket after he'd dragged it across the floor. He's getting better with his commands already though, the neighbour was sorting stuff in the garden and usually he'd be straight out barking at them but I told him to stay and he did. I don't know if just having me around more is making him a little calmer or what; hopefully it is because in all honesty he is another reason I don't want to go back to work. I feel leaving him for so long has been unfair on him and is partly to blame for his anxiety issues.

Oh we also got him a collar which is meant to help calm them down; maybe that has helped.

Congratulations Kholl, what lovely news!!

It's just such a guessing game, but they will just turn up when they want to I guess!

Congrats on your son Kholl and I’m glad your birth went how you wanted it to :)

After my sweep/bleed yesterday, I’ve woken this morning and my plug seems to have started to go (which was lovely to wake up to).

Hoping this means that things will start themselves - or does it not really mean anything? x

Pennypie, I'm not an expert - but I think it could mean either things are starting or nothing... sorry; I'll keep fingers crossed it is things getting going for you

It means nothing, could be two weeks from now.. ah well, she’s here when she’s here. xx

At least we know we're getting closer to meeting them - whenever that may be, we literally are talking a matter of weeks now. That's really not that long.

How are you feeling today?

I thought I was okay, but walking the dog back from school after dropping my son off I started feeling really achy, nothing exciting as it's my legs more than anything else. I'm not meeting my sister until about 1pm so think I'm going to have a bath and hopefully a good soak will make me feel a lot better. I was getting period like cramps on the way to school as well but I've been having them for a while now - I'm hoping it's her getting more engaged but probably not - she's probably popping in and out knowing my luck. Oh well - fingers crossed it won't be much longer for the rest of us.

I did have a bit of a reality check yesterday, I was talking to one of my neighbours and she was telling me that the people who are moving in next door (they've been in about a month but I never see them, this explains a lot of that to be honest) were due their baby around the same time as me but she was born early December (10 weeks early) she's still at the hospital and apparently doing well. They're hoping she'll be home soon. It would be nice if she were home before I brought my little one home to be honest.

My husband came home yesterday with a present from his form and a card, the day before he was on a training session so didn't go into school and they thought we'd had her. It's a lovely little outfit and for upto a month so to be honest I'm glad they brought it in early as if she is a big baby it might not fit her for long and it'll be nice if he could get a picture of her wearing it for them.

I’m all good today, got tummy pains like I have a bit of an upset tummy and need the loo, but have felt like that the whole week so don’t think it is anything. Was going to go for a walk, but the weather is terrible and don’t know if I can go swimming Now that the plug is going as don’t want infection so don’t really know what to do.

That’s scary about your neighbour, but at least it sounds like it has turned out ok. That thing with Malin from Love Island made me think, as I was about a week behind her and so been aware of it all so keep thinking about her and how awful it must be!!

That is lovely for your husband, it’s nice when the dads get spoilt as it is so much about the mum, but their lives are changing as well and so they should be spoilt. xxx

Yeah I'm hoping to see them come back with her soon; they were hanging out some tiny clothes the other day. Fingers crossed that's a good sign.

I've been very aware for this whole pregnancy as our friends had an awful experience just before we found out we were pregnant which has made a lot of things at times very difficult but also reminded me how lucky we are.

Anyway just had a right scare from the dog. I was happily enjoying my bath with my music on and he started barking. Then I heard a funny noise which I couldn't tell was from the music or the dog; so I turned the music off and shouted him. He completed ignored me which is actually unlike him; shouted him a few times. I knew I was being paranoid but I started thinking about how you hear these stories of pregnant women being attacked for their unborn babies and how I hadn't locked the back door when we got in. I also knew that if someone had come in the dog would have made much more of a fuss than he did; however I couldn't shake it and then started thinking about how if I didn't pick my son up from school he would walk home and would be the one to find me if anything had happened.
Got out of the bath and checked downstairs and the dog was happy as Larry just chilling on the sofa. Cheeky so and so.

So that was my bath cut short and also a bit of a reminder to myself to make sure I lock the door; better to keep opening and shutting it for the dog than to freak myself out or even potentially leave it open for thieves.

Yeah I had very loose stools again this morning but I've been having them on and off for a few weeks too so not looking too far into it. Got a plan of action set out for tomorrow too now; so it'll be nice if I don't miss out on that. Haha think that might be my way of trying to keep sane the next few weeks; make some plans even if they're only small so I have something to look forward to each day rather than focusing on is today the day? Or oooh is this the start of something.

Kholl - congratulations, I knew it, sounds much like my birth, very quick for you. Congratulations to you all, enjoy these precious moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back