FAO ANYONE who has ever had a bank charge

grrrr knew i should have done mine sooner. :x

blomming banks!!!!!!!!!

mine has already offered me a charge back, so they cant get out of it now.. just had bank statements sent today dating back to dec 00 and gone through them and in fact it shows i have been charged £1330 in 6 yrs, the bank offered us £1260 so looks like we are going to accept that now... fingers crossed we get it, we have had it now for 6 weeks and they gave us 8 weeks in to claim it... :pray:

That isn't really the best news is it?

I just had a letter saying they will get back to me in due course, fingers crossed for me and everyone else awaiting an offer... :?

i dont understand how the bank won. I thought the law says they can only charge what it costs to process things... and it doesnt cost £25 a go so how can they win :?

urgh im so mad the bastewards havent got back in touch since they said they are looking into it and now this ... im so angry its unbelievable! im writing to them if i hear nothing byu the ened of the week telling them they can god dam refund me or im going to court im soooooooooo mad!!!

Yahooo, OH has been offered the whole £957, he had to file a court claim etc... but as soon as they knew he meant business they backed down.

The reason why that guy won that claim is because he was unprepared at the court, he didnt have half his statements etc... it mentions it all on the consumer action website

yey!!

still hope then :)

WEll done huni!! what you going to spend the dosh on?

That site also says that the ruling doen't apply nationaly, as it was on;ly a small court (forgotten the proper term already!!)

I haven't had anything from Barclays at all yet..... might chivvy them up a bit if I can remember when I sent it off!!!

EDIT Just checked through this post, and I after I sent it, and its been 30 days since I sent it!!! What should I do (I think I gave them 40 days to send my statements)

My OH's statements arrived yesterday. I have worked out he is owed £2400 in charges since 2002. :shock:

Is this the amount we now have to write in the second letter or can we include interest on the charge amount? If so, how do we calculate the interest owed?

Also - has anyone successfully pursued Abbey National about their charges? I want to do mine but am worried in case they withdraw my O/D.

:hug:
Thanks!

Sabrina said:
My OH's statements arrived yesterday. I have worked out he is owed £2400 in charges since 2002. :shock:

Is this the amount we now have to write in the second letter or can we include interest on the charge amount? If so, how do we calculate the interest owed?

Also - has anyone successfully pursued Abbey National about their charges? I want to do mine but am worried in case they withdraw my O/D.

:hug:
Thanks!

they cant withdraw your over draft, getting your charges back doesnt give them a right to with draw anything you signed up for..

Also i would put a few extra £'s on the figure because they always knock you down, i asked for £3863 and they only offered us £1260, i have my letter now so im gonna sign it and get my money within 7 days..

but beware some banks are letting case's go to court now as they are winning it has been proved... and if it goes to court you may not get anything, i was lucky and got an offer before the first case went to court

good luck.. :hug:

but beware some banks are letting case's go to court now as they are winning it has been proved... and if it goes to court you may not get anything, i was lucky and got an offer before the first case went to court

good luck.. :hug:[/quote]

hi

have you got any proof that i can read about the banks winning back.

i have just submitted my charges and they come to just under 5k, so i really interested.

thanks

They said on the local news tonight that some banks were getting more confident in calling people's bluffs about court cases. :(

but what i wanted to know is that when people take them to court do they people usually win or the bank.

I'm having a bit of a clear out to make room for the Big Bother sticky I can re-sticky this at a later date :)

I claimed £2150 without the interest and they've offered £1828.
Going to take it :D

Oh's statements arrived today and think we can claim back about £450 ish. Any of that is better than none, so bonus!

Michelle

OH has received a letter from the bank, saying thanks for his letter requesting payment and they will look into it, however it will take 6-7 weeks. Is this allowed?
Anybody else had this response? If so, what did you do?

Sabrina.

P.S. He banks with Natwest

Sabrina said:
OH has received a letter from the bank, saying thanks for his letter requesting payment and they will look into it, however it will take 6-7 weeks. Is this allowed?
Anybody else had this response? If so, what did you do?

Sabrina.

P.S. He banks with Natwest

Yeah they have taken about this amount of time already with us and we are with natwest. They said that they are responding as quick as they can but have a huge backlog therefore there are delays :roll:

Will keep u informed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back