Eye contact

aramintalovegrove

Reaction score
Is my baby ignorant or does everyones do this?

Esme loves looking at you when feeding on her changing mat or generally away from you but if you are holding her she refuses to look at you and almost reactivly turns her head if you move her round so as to avoid your gaze, if there is someone close to you she will also do this and will move her head rapidly from side to side to ensure she cant look at either of you! It looks as though she has magnets that repel her face from yours its so instant and quick :shakehead:

She is a bit of a diva but this takes the micky!

:lol: :lol: We had this exact same thing :lol: I used to do this on purpose, get really close up with Isaac to try make eye contact and he'd move his head and then I'd try again, it just looked soooooo funny, esp when I did it really fast. He's grown out of it now but now thinking about it I didn't notice when he stopped doing it. Maybe 3/4 weeks now? It became a bit of a joke that Isaac never looked at whoever was holding him :lol:

Phew glad she isnt the only one!

My DH was starting to be convinced she was doing some sort of psychological warfare on us :lol:

She does it to everyone though, tis quite funny but frustrating when she refuses to look at new people who want to coo over her :roll:

:lol: I remember my parents being very amused by this, but I also do remember people who met him for the first time wanting to coo over him and he didn't want to look at them. They weren't so amused and thought he didn't like them :lol:

I tried doing it again to him making eye contact etc and he did it for a short time before making eye contact with me, so he still does it but not to the degree he did it before :lol:

It is nice knowing your baby isn't the only one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back