Rolling

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right bit so mods feel free to move it if it isn't!
Amber can roll over onto her side really well, no problems and she often stays there and gurgles to herself! But she hasn't worked out she needs to move her arm so she can get onto her tummy. I have helped her and rolled her over onto her tummy and she was quite happy for me to do this! When I did it she tried to lift her head up and push herself up with her hands. Should I be helping her or should I leave her to do it on her own?
Also she can hold her head up perfectly and sit up on the sofa (obviously I sit with her to make sure she doesn't fall), and she can grasp her toys and I often hold them out for her and she takes them off me.
Basically what I want to know is am I doing the right thing by encouraging her to do all these things or should I let her get on with it on her own? I'm just so eager for her to learn and I love watching her and playing with her but I don't want it to get too much IYKWIM?! (She's almost 14 weeks)
Sorry this is a bit all over the place!

I think Amber is doing really really well, I think they need some encouragment and it is good that you spend that time helping her, she seems very determind, bless her. Leo is a bit older than Amber and he still cant roll over properly, just with a little help from me :D
xx

Lucy has only just today rolled onto her side (three times though). I'll be watching this thread with interest!

Aimee was the same, her arm would get in the way but then one day she did it and now she doesn't stop doing it. She hasn't learned to roll back by herself just yet as her arm is getting in the way for that as well.

At first I helped Aimee but not sure if made any difference. Just do what you feel is right.

As for encouraging her, do it! If she wasn't ready to do these things she wouldn't be doing them! I done the same with Aimee and she is coming on a treat!

Kerry - Yes she is very determined! She doesn't give up easily! lol I'm sure Leo wil be rolling over in no time :hug:

Nicky - Well done Lucy!! :hug:

JoAnn - Aimee sounds like shes doing great too :hug:

Thanks for all your replies girls :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like your babies are doing really well. Ruby doesn't seem interested in rolling - spoke to HV today and she said it's probably because the older girls constantly 'get' things for her so she doesn't have to make the effort!!! We've been encouraging her a bit - Daisy was rolling her the other day and I was like "Arrghh, Daisy, what are you doing?" I'm sure she'll get there!! TBH, I'm not in a great hurry for her to be on the move - it's going to be a nightmare with all the girls' bits and pieces laying about!!

Go Amber :cheer: Shee be rolling in no time.

Rudy can't even go from front to back let alone back to front. It will happen one day I'm sure!

x

Fi only mastered this in the last couple of weeks so your bubs is doing great! xxxx

Laura_James&Amber said:
Not sure if this is in the right bit so mods feel free to move it if it isn't!
Amber can roll over onto her side really well, no problems and she often stays there and gurgles to herself! But she hasn't worked out she needs to move her arm so she can get onto her tummy.

this is the stage my DD is at and she is 9 months next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back