Cot/blanket/sleeping issue

hellywelly

Reaction score
My LO has slept on her side from day one, normally with her back against the Moses basket to start, then when she went into her crib we started to roll a blanket up and place it behind her so she wasn't leaning against the bars. Since moving her into her big cot she has started to do this breakdancing routine where she pivot round, so her head is in the same place but her legs move round. The past few mornings we've found her lying across the middle of the cot, but I got the shock of my life this morning to find she had done a complete 180° turn and was now lying upside down with her head FACING the blanket!!! Needless to say I have now removed it so she doesn't smother herself but she's so used to it I'm worriedwe'll have a cap night. Does anyone just lean their lo against the bars as a side sleeper? I'm not keen on a cot bumper for the same reason. I've just left her in the middle of the mattress tonight...

Is she sleeping ok without the blanket tonight? If she swivels around, she's not using it all night anyway so maybe will be ok without it.

Not sure if it's work cos can't quite picture how E was but when H slept on his side I just used to roll up a small blanket and put it in front of his tummy so he couldn't roll onto his tummy, just roll onto his back?

If she's sleeping ok while moving about thru the night maybe she only needs it for the start of the night? After she's in a deep sleep you can try to take it away?

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Put her in the middle and she'd wiggled round again and was about to get her head jammed against the bars. :( Although she is sleeping soundly so obviously doesn't need it there as a habit thing. :) Good lord it's always one thing or another with these little uns!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back