Extremely confused...can anyone shed any light??

Princess_d

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

First of all, I'm so sorry for your losses, I know what you're feeling.

Just needing some advice/share experiences?

I had a MMC at 10weeks in March so I had a D&C on 16/03. I hardly had any bleeding but a lot of pain so I knew it wasn't over. Went in for a scan a week later as I had a HUGE bleed that didn't slow off - showed retained products. And a lot of it. (this was a Friday) they booked me in for a medical management miscarriage this time due to a current medical condition. Me and DF were devestated. We just wanted it over. However me & DF were going to Madrid on the Saturday so we were focusing on that. At about 3:30am on the saturday morning, I started contracting - this lasted until 10:30am and when we landed - Lo and behold - I passed everything so they scanned me 3 days later and confirmed it had all come away(24th March this happened) I wa doing FRER's to confirm when my HCG levels were down and finally got a negative on 01/04 - both me & DF saw this. I was tracking with opks but didn't start until 05/04. On 08/04 I just had a feeling to do a hpt and surprisingly it came back positive, faint but positive. Thought it was odd an kept testing but gradually it went to negative - we were 100% certain the previous one was neg! But we passed it off as maybe misreading it or something. So I continued using opks and on 11/04 got a positive one (smiley face) thought great! We weren't going to 'try' but just let nature take its course. Had all te right signs for ovulation the following day etc. so when I was 11dpo I decided to use an frer (starte testing at 8dpo because I'm a poas addict! But of course all neg but I had what I think was implantation at 6dpo) anyway, the test on 11dpo was a very faint positive. 12dpo was a very faint positive. 13dpo was even fainter (along with 2 other brands) 14dpo 2 negative tests. Thought I'd be having a cp but did an opk and came back pos. I know some women get an lh surge before AF so presumed it was that. No AF, not one sign (except a small amount of brown tinged cm at 13dpo) I did another test at 15dpo and it was positive! Faint but darker than the first one at 11dpo. Did another today (16dpo) and negative. No bleeding nothing. I've been feeling very fatigued over the last week. Irritable. Sore boobs today but only my nipples if they are touched! I've had funny feelings in my tummy and pinching pains but I've had that since 6dpo. Anyone had this? Phoning my docs on Monday!

Advice please, so confused! X

Wow hun, that all sounds super confusing. I'd be tempted to say wait and see what the doc says. It might be that your body hasn't settled down yet and hog is being released, cos you rarely get a false positive HPT, let alone several. Were al your tests FRERs?

All the positive ones re FRER's with 2 being tesco own and 1 being a wilkinsons own brand. I don't think my hormones have settle at all since MMC. Just want to start TTC again! The negatives have been frer & cb digi. Just wish it would settle now :( didn't know if anyone else had had this! Lol. Driving me mad. Trying not to think about it but it's hard. Xx

I don't really know what to suggest but just wanted to send love and hugs. Mc are a terrible thing and you really do sound like you have had an awful time! I didn't test after mine to check levels etc so can shed no light, I refused to go near HPT for 3 months and that's an achievement as I am a POAS addict! xxx

Thanks Daniph :) so sorry for your loss. I wish I'd have done that as I'm a poas addict too!! After I've found out what's going on and got it sorted I'm refusing to use them for 3 months too!! Just relax a ntnp! Mc are tough. Xx

Sweetheart they are one of the toughest things to go through and it takes so much time to heal. We are all here for you! Any questions just post, you will have a barrage of love and support! xxx

mc's are tough and i was in such a muddle as to how and when to try again after my mc. It sounds like your body needs a bit more time to settle down. I know poas addiction is a rollercaoster in itself, might be worth leaving it for another cycle and let af come and 'clean it all out' as it were, then start again knowing where you are at! :hug:, I've been there, and the first thing you want after an mc is to be pregnant again, but hard as it is, i was glad i waited a while xxxx

Thanks you 2. I really appreciate it! As supportive as my DF is, he just doesn't understand sometimes. But I think it's hard for men to sometimes. All I want is AF now. Never thought I'd say that! Just want it to come and clear me out as you said dysco and start a fresh! My mind & body will know where it's at then. Thank you so much ladies. Love and hugs to both of you! Xxxx

Men as lovely as they are cant understand in real terms what it feels like. My DH was hit hard when we lost, the first mc hit him harder than the second, but they have never lived it. The panic, the knicker watching the sense of complete loss! Thats where we come in! we have felt it! xxx

I know. As expected DF was totally broken and devestated too. We have said we will have a spa night away in a couple of weeks and perhaps the de-stress will help m body do what it's got to do to regulate itself again! But you're right. We do have to suffer so much and men just don't understand what we have to go through. They do try their best bless them. Xxx

princess_d I can't offer any advice on the hormones but I wanted to say I hope you get your BFP soon xx

I'm sorry for you MMC Princess, how awful you had to go through MMC , D&C and then also the medical management as well, glad you on your way to recovery now X

Maybee the FRER picked up as a positive as they were lower level tests and then the negs were the higher level tests, so hcg still hanging in there , nearly on it's way out, hope you get your period and some normality soon and good luck to you when your ready to ttc again x

Hi 33 mum. Thanks do much for your reply. Thing is I've had some negative FRER's and some positive higher level tests too so I just think my body is very very confused at the moment!! Hopefully if I just relax it will start to sort itself out! At least once I've had AF my body will be working in its normal way. It's just waiting for AF! Xx

hi just wanted to say how sorry i am about ur loss and hope u get ur bfp real soon, i think maybe like the others have said there is still some hormones lingering, try to relax and have a little fun for a few weeks and yes have a night away and chill with ur oh, take care xxxx

Am so sorry for ur loss lovely, I mc in jan at nearly 10 weeks and think that only now my body is beginning to get back to normal, it can take a while. Really wish u well xx :)

Thanks Jojo and mrs cow :) just want it over now! Haven't thought about it much since yesterday so hoping things will start to happen. Been bloated today with sore ish boobs (just twinges etc.) and a HUGE nosebleed and generally felt unwell today. So we will see what the week brings :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back