extravagent honeymoon ideas

jennywren

Reaction score
Were trying to decide where to go, fancied west coast USA (san fran, san diego etc) but then decided maybe a beach hol, we cant decide so any suggestion of far away places you have been and what was the cost?

Budget is approx £5k

Ive been for just over 2 weeks in Kenya. We had a beach stay and safari i would throughly reccomend it we had a great time it cost about £2500 for the two of us but you could easily spend more on a longer safari and better hotel.

It really depends what you like though as that type of holiday is not for everyone it was just something i wanted to do before we settled down.

Are you taking lo with you as its probaly not the best type of holiday with small children.

we did kenya and safari too but it cost us £500 :lol: but i dont recommend going in april , it rained the whole 2 weeks nearly :rotfl:

our budget was the same as yours.

we chose anguilla in the british west indies. we stayed at shoal bay villas on shoal bay east (voted the world's most beautiful beach by conde nast).

http://sbvillas.ai/

the island is simply awesome in all respects. its quite hard to get to (we flew to st maarten via paris and got a boat!) which means that its tourist industry isn't as established as most other caribbean islands. however, tourism is still the main source of income for the island community, so visitors are really welcomed. little things like the prison being next door to the bank, everyone waving & smiling when they want to overtake on the road, no public transport (apart from taxis) so everyone hitchhikes, all made it really special. you are made to feel like you're everyone's best friend, with no ulterior motives. it was very hard to come back to the uk, to cynicism, rudeness and impatience :(

the beaches were incredible; we learnt to dive, and snorkelled on the reefs every day. we partied to live reggae at johnno's beach bar, and watched the most beautiful sunsets every day.

No LO will not be with us :cheer: but :( also

thanks for the link purple ill check it out later on tonight

Re the safari, sounds interesting, ill investigate although its not something ive ever ''wanted'' to do so hmmm will investigate though

cheers girls

couldn't resist, sorry :oops: :oops:

shoal bay east
CIMG0183.jpg

CIMG0374.jpg

little bay
CIMG0290.jpg

an anguillan road!
CIMG0347.jpg

flying into st maarten :shock: :lol:
CIMG0406.jpg

We went had a three week honeymoon which consisted of Houston (to see Brian's family that didnt make the honeymoon), New Orleans and Acapulco in Mexico

Acapulco was gorgeous... we stayed at the Fairmount Princess hotel where everything was perfect.

We spent 3 weeks travelling round Malaysia.

Set off from the UK with pre-booked return flights to Kuala Lumpur and a hotel for when we got there and also accommodation in Pangkor Laut Resort on Pangkor Laut Island. The rest we booked whilst we were there as and when we needed and wanted to move on from where we were. We used the Lonely Planet and the Rough Guide and basically just went wherever we fancied. We used public transport, long distance coaches, long distance taxi's, internal flights and boats to travel around the different places. We saw some amazing things and had a fantastic experience.

Heres a basic outline of our itinerary:-

We spent 2 nights Kuala Lumpur and then booked 3 Nights in the Taman Negara jungle staying in wooden huts in the oldest rainforest in the world. We then travelled south east to a remote island in the south China sea called Tioman Island, it was truly idyllic with gorgeous beaches and lots of reefs to explore whether diving or snorkelling and also very small with no roads on the island only footpaths. From there we went to Penang Island which was a bit too commercial for us and it was too busy, too many tourists. Finally we stayed in Pangkor Laut Resort which was pure 6* indulgence where we stayed in a sea villa perched on stilts in the ocean. Our every need was well and truly catered for it was an amazingly romantic resort the perfect end to a perfect honeymoon.

I booked my flights direct with Emirates and the hotel in Kualar Lumpur was through e-bookers, I booked Pangkor Laut with Trailfinders. I would highly recommend Trailfinders they are an excellent travel agent, very knowledgeable and have lots of expertise in honeymoons/extravagent holidays. Try and visit one of their shops and just sit with them for an hour or so tosee what they come up with.

Dont forget to consider the weather like for example try and avoid the Caribbean during hurricane season (June - end Oct) etc.

Heres a few links for some of the things I have mentioned.

http://www.pangkorlautresort.com/
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bz_qudd4y_8
http://www.tioman.com.my/
http://www.malaysiaforestresorts.com/
http://www.tamannegararesort.com/packages/index.asp?gclid=CNb--eec-pQCFQ4YQgodBmtfqQ
http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/

This ruly was an unforgettable holiday for us and we loved all the places we went to the highlight for both me and my hubby was definitely the rainforest, we saw some amazing scenery, exerienced how the locals live, saw lots of wildlike and insects and the rainforest itself was breathtakingly beautiful and glorious. Attenborough and the BBC do a bloody good job of trying to educate us in wildlife and show us how the forests grow and live but its nothing like experiencing it for real, being able to smell, feel, see and hear all the different animals, plants and insects.

Oooooo I would love to go to Las Vegas on a honeymoon then get married again but by Elvis! Haha!

Jamaica always looks like a beautiful place or Grenada my sister and her OH went there and its so lovely!

It's 6 years ago now, but we went to Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica. Was about £4k for 2 weeks. All inclusive - even scuba diving (we are keen scuba divers so this was ideal for us!). The only thing we paid extra for were a few days trips that we did - Dunnes River Falls (was in the film Cocktail) and a few other bits. We had a fabulous time. ALways said we would return for our 5th Wedding anniversary, but I was pregnant so we decided to go to Florida Keys instead (didn't seem much point going all inclusive as I couldn't drink, scuba dive etc). One of the nice things about Sandlas (apart from the fab service, and everything else) is that you can 'try out' the other resorts while you are there - Sandals has 3/4 resorts in Jamaica, so you can go to others for dinner / just for the day / etc. Of all the others we visited though, we liked Montego Bay the best. Well worth a look if you fancy a honeymoon in one place, with every whim catered for! (Oh, and its a couples only resort, so no children or big groups of teenagers). We're now planning on going back for our 10th wedding anniversary (second baby will be here by then amd they'll both be old enough to leave with grandparents, AND I'll be back in my bikinis by then!)

We went to Japan on our honeymoon and I loved it so much. I want to go back :D We backpacked from Tokyo to Kochi to Hiroshima to Nagasaki to Kyoto back to Tokyo. If you don't mind having a cultural as well as a beach holiday, then Japan is for you. Near Kochi there is a great beach (Katsurahama) which you can relax on and near Nagasaki there are the Goto Islands which are supposedly good for snorkeling.

Only one place for me for a honeymoon and thats the Maldives.......!!

Absolute paradise and I have been lucky enough to have been twice now!

For our honeymoon we flew business class with Emirates, and stayed at the Taj Exotica Resort and Spa where we were treated like royality, nothing was too much trouble (absolute 5* luxury at its best), fabulous water villas, and cannot rate it more highly.

We then stopped in Dubai on the way home for 3 days and to break the journey (and disappointment of the honeymoon coming to an end).

It cost us £9,000, but there are some equally nice yet cheaper resorts to choose from, and flying economy would cut the cost by approx £3,000.

If you want a proper desert island style honeymoon - then you cannot go wrong with the Maldives, I would go there every year if we could afford it :D .

thanks girls their is deffo lots for me to think about and investigate there

x

We did a nile cruise in Egypt followed by a few days in Cairo to see the pyramids and Sphinx, we wanted to then spend a few days on the red sea but didn't have enough holiday time left :(

Absolutely fabulous couldn't recommend it more, been three years and I still want to go back so badly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back