Extending feeds

And saying that its not harmful as its used for constipation isnt the same really, thats proven to help but having it just for the sake of it has no benefits x

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 2

Because its her baby and if she wants to she can!! Seriously theis forum is sometimes like talking to a brick wall.

Calm yourself down, mums came on, offered advice and it was actually u that got defensive, not Russell or newbie.

It's an ADVICE forum and discussion forum! Your actually being really rude.

Wss

I've read through all the posts and I'm not criticising anyone here but personally I wouldn't offer water to extend feed times. Current advice is to feed on demand. Babies don't over feed. They take what they need to grow and survive. By giving water in place of milk you could cause his weight gain to slow as it has no nutrition for him. I was told babies don't need water between feeds unless constipation is an issue. I only ever had that problem once. I have only been offering Mia water since starting her on food.
It's your baby and your choice but my baby used to feed every two hours taking about 3oz and eventually they do go longer but remember at 8 weeks their tummies are tiny and can't handle large volumes of milk that's why they feed often.

Sorry but I disagree on the overeating since Jackson ended up over eating nd feeding frequently and I was advised to offer water by hv I did, it worked. That's all I was saying. Xxxx

Nothing is proven, even the fact that people say not to give it. Iv been on here for over a year now thanks so I think I can make my own mind up about leaving without any advice. keep that for the baby talk ;)

I know I didn't mean to cause such a stirr lol if I knew this would have happened I would have kept my advice to myself LOL sorry newbie - but just go with what you think is best :) .. Xxx

Nothing is proven, even the fact that people say not to give it. Iv been on here for over a year now thanks so I think I can make my own mind up about leaving without any advice. keep that for the baby talk ;)

God you are unbelievable. And how long youve been a member is completely irrelevant.

I've read through all the posts and I'm not criticising anyone here but personally I wouldn't offer water to extend feed times. Current advice is to feed on demand. Babies don't over feed. They take what they need to grow and survive. By giving water in place of milk you could cause his weight gain to slow as it has no nutrition for him. I was told babies don't need water between feeds unless constipation is an issue. I only ever had that problem once. I have only been offering Mia water since starting her on food.
It's your baby and your choice but my baby used to feed every two hours taking about 3oz and eventually they do go longer but remember at 8 weeks their tummies are tiny and can't handle large volumes of milk that's why they feed often.

Sorry but I disagree on the overeating since Jackson ended up over eating nd feeding frequently and I was advised to offer water by hv I did, it worked. That's all I was saying. Xxxx

Comfort eating happens when they.have reflux, they will bring up excess milk otherwise. I dont think anyone is arguing you are not right to give him water, if you spoke to.HV and he was in pain from overeating, then its the best thing for your baby.
But what i am saying is water isnt necessary for every.baby if they dont have problems.
Do you see what i mean?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

pleased for you, i've been on here 3 years and....oh hang on, what's that got to do with anything lol???

Last edited:
Stupid comment requires a stupid answer love

Do you know what I've had enough of this forum lately. I've been on here for nearly two years and there's some lovely people on here. Why is nearly every post becoming a personal attack to somebody?!!!
It's not like that, people ask an option and we give it. It's not a criticism. Everyone has different ideas on how to bring up their child.
I have no problem with offering water but I do disagree with offering it in place of feeds. Babies DO NOT over feed!!

I

This thread will jus be closed and second now......

Water is fine to give LO's. Just use your health visitors and ask their advice on the matter too. Doesn't hurt to get all the facts and like the OP was only asking for advice on here. I give my lo cooled boiled water because of constipation but don't have the same problem as newbie so i cant give any real advice im sorry. My lo is in a routine already at 3 weeks. Not that we planned it that way but she's settled herself without us trying really which is great for us.

pleased for you, i've been on here 3 years and....oh hang on, what's that got to do with anything lol???

No need to be rude to soph she was stating to babyem that she can make up her own mind whether to leave or not!!

Anyway newbie...i think 1-2oz water a day is fine at this age...i would ask a hv for advice...arw they helpful in your area? Xxx

Stupid comment requires a stupid answer love

Seriously, if youre gonna act more immature than the PF toddlers then keep your stupid comments to yourself LOVE!!

No need to be rude to soph she was stating to babyem that she can make up her own mind whether to leave or not!!

Anyway newbie...i think 1-2oz water a day is fine at this age...i would ask a hv for advice...arw they helpful in your area? Xxx

I didnt tell her to leave, I said if she thinks pf is a brick wall, then maybe she was in the wrong place...
And I think youll find shes been rude also

Well i have reportes cause it got out of hand. I just dont see a reason to start an argument. We all shared experiences and they are all different, i am sure op will ask.her HV and decide based on her situation

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back