Expected Weight that will stay????

pregnantvegan

Reaction score
I was wondering how much, for most people, of their pregnancy weights stays after they give birth? I'm just wondering an estimate of how much bigger I will be from my original weight. I know it varies, but I just want a rough estimate since I really have no idea.

With my first pregnancy I started off at 9 1/2 stone, I went up to 14 :oops:

After having Aiden I weighed 13 stone, I managed to lose 1 to get to 12 but no matter how hard I tried (joining slimming world and the gym) my weight wouldn't budge past that, although I was losing it in inches.

I found the best weight loss method was getting pregnant again! Since August i've lost a stone and dropped a dress size! This baby is nice and giving me a head start :lol:

that's the same start weight as me.

I'm really terrified of gaining weight. I completed an eating disorder program just this year, and am supposed to be recovered and accepting myself...and now I am about to gain an intense amount of weight. I'm really struggling with this, and really afraid of relapsing after I have the baby.

Not everyone gains loads of weight, my auntie just had a baby and put about a stone and a half, she's breastfeeding and now weighs less than her start weight.

I must admit i did eat A LOT with Aiden, more than i should have and it was all take-aways and junk because i was working 12hours a day and was too tired to cook. I'm being more careful this time though and eating healthily.

I'm sure you'll be fine, talk to your midwife about it too. :hug:

I put on about 13 kg (sorry, not sure what that is in stones/pounds - think it's about 7kg to a stone...) which is in the 'normal/healthy' range - have only been weighed twice since having LO, but by 7 weeks after the birth I had lost probably 2/3 of the weight and apart from a slightly bigger waist looked almost back to normal. I generally ate pretty healthily throughout my pregnancy (although I ate lots) and did yoga and walking.

I'm really terrified of gaining weight. I completed an eating disorder program just this year, and am supposed to be recovered and accepting myself...and now I am about to gain an intense amount of weight. I'm really struggling with this, and really afraid of relapsing after I have the baby.

I have a bit of a history with body/food issues too and I did find it hard not to cut back on food or go crazy with exercise when I was going through the 'fat phase' of pregnancy - which for me lasted about 21 weeks before I actually started to look pregnant. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't about me and that the health of my baby was at stake, but it was still hard (plus you feel guilty for feeling that way :wall: ). I found though that once my bump emerged I started to feel better about how my body looked than I ever have before - mostly I think because I relinquished control over my body and just tried to look after it in the best way I could for my baby. I'm finding post-birth that I care less about what my body looks like - mostly because I'm too busy/tired and as I'm BFing am still focused on getting enough good food and calories to fuel both me and DD.

I guess all I can suggest is to try and get into the mindset of looking after yourself for the sake of your baby and keep thinking about that little being inside you that is COMPLETELY dependent on you for its health and well-being. If you can try and focus on that hopefully it can help keep the negative thoughts about yourself at bay - or at least outweigh them.

Is there any post-programme support available to you? :hug:

hi hun
b4 i got pregnant i was 9 half stone, i weighed myself at 39weeks pregnant and i was 11stone 13 :eek:
i had my baby nearly 3weeks ago and im 10stone 3 now so most of the weight is gone
i think breastfeeding helps alot xx

I was 9 stone 12 when I first got pregnant. I lost 7lb initially and then put on about 1 and a half stone during my pregnancy- most of it after 25 weeks. I was 10stone 6 about 1 week after giving birth and I am currently 9 stone 10lb. I am still exclusively breastfeeding which has really helped to ensure that I maintain a positive and healthy attitude to my food intake. I have also had eating disorders in the past and was worried that pregnancy and its after effects would trigger a re-lapse. It didn't as my priority wasn't me. I have to make sure that I eat well or else my LO doesn't eat well. To be honest, in the first few weeks (and probably months) I craved sugary foods, I think as my body's way to ensure I was taking in the calories I needed to produce milk for my LO. The weight comes off slowly but it does come off but even if you return to your normal weight your body will still look and feel different to your pre pregnancy body. I think if you are feeling fragile and not 100% well you should ensure that you maintain contact with your support programme and speak openly and honestly with your HV.

PM if you just want to chat- I know there will be lots of others on this forum who are/have experienced what you are feeling so don't be afraid to keep asking for support. :hug:

I had hyperemesis (really bad sickness) until i was 20 weeks and lost a stone and half. So by the time i was full term i just put that back on so was my original weight at full term.

I didn't gain weight until I was signed off work with SPD and basically couldn't walk much from 27 weeks. End of pregnancy just before giving birth I was 4 stone heavier but was carrying a lot of water in the middle of summer so had swelled up. I weighed myself the next day and had lost 11lb, slowly over the weeks I lost more weight and swelling went down. I'm now about 2.5 stone heavier than prepregnancy which is now the "actual weight gained". It's shifting slowly as I'm working at it.

i think i put on about 4st. not sure as didnt weigh myself before i got preggo. but i was 11.7st the day before i gave birth. 2st of that fell off with zero effort within 2 weeks. another 1st came off gradually over 6 months from BFing and eating healthy and then i got carried away and starved myself a bit down to 6.13st :oops: im tryna put some back on now lol im back up to 7.5st :)

Both times I have lost a dress size after birth, although this time it took a few days to loose some of the swelling down below so I wore baggier clothes for a while. Last time I had to really eat as I lost so much weight after too, I seem to have evened out this time.

(I dont weigh myself so havent a clue what that relates to in terms of actual weight loss)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back