Weight after birth

Moomum

Reaction score
Roughly how much weight do you lose after the birth? What I'm trying to ask is how much all the bits n pieces weigh like placenta, fluid etc etc and of course the baby. I know it differs between women, but a rough idea :think:

I lost 15lbs but baby was only 4lbs 15oz so the other stuff weighed about 10lbs :shock:

I put on a stone and a half when pregnant and baby was 9lbs and I was back to my normal weight within about a week but it really will differ with everyone :D

Forgot to say, I put on 4 and half stone in pregnancy and only lost just over a stone through birth so am now carrying an extra 3 and half stone that I'm trying to shift :(

Snuggle said:
I lost 15lbs but baby was only 4lbs 15oz so the other stuff weighed about 10lbs :shock:

Blimey - that was a lot considering the size of the baby too :shock:

madam bully said:
I put on a stone and a half when pregnant and baby was 9lbs and I was back to my normal weight within about a week but it really will differ with everyone :D

So I guess over a stone would be about right :shock: More than I thought!

Snuggle said:
Forgot to say, I put on 4 and half stone in pregnancy and only lost just over a stone through birth so am now carrying an extra 3 and half stone that I'm trying to shift :(

I'm not exactly sure how much weight I have put on, but I guess it's around the 3 1/2 - 4 stone mark. Looks like I might have a bit of a hard time getting it off. xxx

Moomum said:
Snuggle said:

Blimey - that was a lot considering the size of the baby too :shock:

I was really naughty and didnt take care of myself through pregnancy which I really regret...I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and I'm paying for it now :roll:

I wouldn't worry about it too much flower. Enjoy Christmas, then get down to trying to shift a bit in the New Year. :hug:

I lost almost 2st straight after Nathan was born but he was quite a heavy baby.

I lost 11lbs - Baby was 6lb 10.5 oz. I put on 2st 7lbs (35lbs) althgather. Lost another 10lbs within first two weeks without trying. The last stone is gonna require some effort, for which motivation is seriously lacking!

i weighed myself the day before i gave birth i was 11 & a half stones.
the next time i weighed myself was one week after the birth and i was 10 & a quarter stones.
two weeks after the birth i was 9 & three quarter stones.
now im 8 & a half stones, so 5 months later i'v lost 3/5 of my baby weight!
i havent needed to diet or exercise its judst naturally coming off as it naturally went on. altho breast-feeding probably helps.

I put on 3/4 stone with paris and lost about a stone after the birth, took me about 1 1/2 to get rid of all the excess weight.

This time I'm a bit more cautious!

Ella and all the stuff weighed in at 16lb, with DD it was less but I'm not sure exactly what I weighed right before I gave birth.

Lost all my baby weight from Ella after 6 months (put on nearly 4 stone, so had about two and a half stone to lose after she was born). Put on roughly 3 stone with DS and have lost all of that and half a stone on top. Breastfeeding really helps as I'm still eating choc etc and it's coming off.

I actually put wieight on after the birth, i was on a fluid drip for about ten hours during labour and i just balooned up...i couldnt see my feet for like two weeks!

It died down after about 2 week and i lost about a stone but now i still have 3 to shift (last time i looked) and 3 months on its a horrible battle but i will get there eventually xx

this is the break down of weight to gain-

Baby 7-8 pounds
Placenta 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid 2 pounds
Breasts 1 pound
Uterus 2 pounds
Increased blood volume 3 pounds
Body fat 5 or more pounds
Increased muscle tissue and fluid 4-7 pounds

so i guess it just depends how quickly your blood volume, breasts etc take to go back to normal.

I've gained nearly 2stone and i'm fine with gaining another 7lbs if need be.

They say it took 9months to put on so expect 9months to lose it!!

I put on just under a stone and a half when I was pregnant and only lost about 9lb when Gabs was born (she weighed 7lb 2oz) but within a week or so my weight was back to normal; I put this down to breastfeeding. :D

I had a midwife appointment this morning and she weighed me. I've put on 5lb since booking :shock:

I'll know the true weight gain/loss next Wednesday! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back