Estimated birth weight calcumator?

AbbyJ

Reaction score
I just had a growth scan because bump was measuring bit small..turned out everythings fine and at 30+3 wks baby's estimated current weight is 3ib 10oz. I was wondering, is there a tool where I can use this info to estimate baby's birth weight iof he goes to full term? i did ask the sonographer but he just said it looks like the baby will be 'not a big baby, but not too small either'.

I don't know hun, but if anyone does know I'd love to know that! x

i have no idea but at my 4d scan the guy said if i go to due date exactly he would estimate bubs would be 7lb 7oz. xx

Hmmm, does anyone know how much weight per wk the average baby gains after 30wks? Could work it out then :)

How small was your bump then? What was you measuring? X I'd love to know how much my little man is going to way if I made it full term! X

Bump was measuring 27cms on Mon when I was 30+2 wks, and when I was 28+wks it measured 26, so midwife sent me for growth scan. They emasured me at the day clinic today though and bump measueed 31cms apparently, so it's obviously completley innacurate!!they gave me the scan anyway, prob since I'd waited 2 hrs to be seen. seeing he is growing well wa snice but now i'm panicking again cos I think the estimated weight of 3ib 10oz is quite big fior 30wks!! My babies have all been atound 7 i/2 ibs apart from my first who was 6ib 2oz, so chances are this little fella will be about the same. I hope so cos i don't want a huge baby!!

I've looked on my prem baby weight chart for girls in my red book but it only starts at 32 weeks - if baby was 3lbs 10oz at 32 weeks and stayed on the same centile line then she should grow to about 7lbs 8oz by due date and 7lbs 15oz by two weeks over - so I'm guessing that if baby is that weight at 30 weeks that's the sort of weight you could expect if they grow consistently - don't know if that helps?!? X

Thaks Jodie..so from that it sounds like baby will be about the same as my others were..phew!

Brooke weighed 4lb 10oz at 33wk + 4 and in her red book she weighed 7lb 8oz around her due date so I think 3lb 10oz is a gd weight! See I panicked as at 25wks I measured 24.5cm and then at 28wks I measured 27cm so I'm down a cm but I know that's still within the correct measurements but if I keep dropping 0.5cm every 2/3weeks then I will be under the average guidelines.. So I'm hoping that when I go back in 2weeks he has had a growth spurt!

Maisie was 2lbs 9 oz at 30 weeks, 6lbs 9 oz at 37 weeks and 7lbs 1 1/2 oz at birth at 38+ 5 if that helps xx

How do u know how much baby weights in the weeks before they r born ie 30 + weeks? x

Just found this info -

At 32weeks

This is usually the time your baby peaks in activity. It continues to gain weight rapidly, and space in the uterus is become somewhat more limited. Even so, it may still be capable of an occasional back-flip.

On the app I have on I phone it says at 31 weeks baby should be round 3lb 9oz, but said it was estimated x x

Thanks Nadine..so that puts my bubs bang on track, that's god to know :) xx

Hi Abby.

Ours stayed around the late 3lb mark until 34wks at the next scan at 36wks she was up to 6lb 12!!!I dont think they really know how to estimate or even give you a decent guess x

They estimated mine at about 6lb at 34 weeks. My bump isn't measuring very large now - it is between the average line and the upper limit line. It will be interesting to see what she actually weights when born (all being well of course)!

Xx

I use this babycentre average fetal weight and length chart, tells us average size of baby each week:

http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Sounds like your baby is actually just above average at this stage, I know sonographers have told me though thy sometimes they have a big growth spurt one week and then don't grow so much subsequent weeks but it usually evens out.

Last edited:
this is interesting :) at 28 week mw appointment (which was on the day i turned 28 weeks) i was measuring 30cm, mw wasn't bothered but that night have been due to the fact i was already booked in for a growth scan on the monday! the growth scan showed middle to above average in all categories for my dates, though just looked at estimated weight . . . and it was right at the top end, at 2lb 10oz which according to that chart makes him a fatty :)

i have no idea what he will weigh as he is my first, i was prem and only weighed 3lb 4oz (born at 30+4 weeks) and my OH was 6lb 12oz (he was born at 41+5 weeks) so i guess i'll have to wait for my little man to get here before we know what he weighs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back