Exercise in Pregnancy

Nicole1993

Reaction score
Hey lovelies :)) Iv been feelin like such a fatass lately, to put it bluntly :D! I know Im pregnant lol but just feel like real frumpy and yuck and need to start exercisin again! I havent done much since I got pregnant as Iv been so unsure and afraid of what im actually allowed to or advised to do :/ This evenin I went for a jog/run/walk (combo for whenever I got tired :p) for about 20 mins there burnin 40 cals accordin to the wee monitor anyway) and I feel a bit better but afraid incase Iv done too much. :S so confused. Any tips on great exercise to get me feelin fab and healthy? And how much I can do please xxx

Swimming is really good during pregnancy! Not only does it keep you fit but it also helps keep pressure off of parts of your body that may become more painful now (back joints knees etc). Also dancing is meant to be good. As long as your not doing anything vigorous such as gymnastics, weight lifting etc you should be fine. Do whats comfortable for you

All my pregnancy books recommend swimming. I read them while eating chocolate biscuits!!!! lol

gentle walking/ hiking is fine hun as long as you know your limits i walk every where and MW said it's fine as long as i have water with me and sit down if i need to then it's no harm to baby xx

I've been thinking of Doing somthing was quite active b4, now I'm not and I can't swim :(

all the above, aquarobics are fine while preg. basically they say you can do any exercise you did before being preg. dont suddenly take up running if you didnt before but if you feel up to it and are a regular jogger then theres no reason not too. if its new exercise your taking up then id make it low impact. most areas do free aquanatal exercise classes.

I really feel rubbish these days and the only thing seems to perk me up is exercisin - feel fab after!! I walk everywhere as it is but feel I need to do more; will look into swimming and aquanatal classes near me but Iv never heard of any in the pool near me :(. Thanks for all the replies girls. xxx

I really feel rubbish these days and the only thing seems to perk me up is exercisin - feel fab after!! I walk everywhere as it is but feel I need to do more; will look into swimming and aquanatal classes near me but Iv never heard of any in the pool near me :(. Thanks for all the replies girls. xxx

ask ur mw for info on aquanatal classes as mine gave me the leaflets for when and were they do them in my area, she also suggesed a yoga class for pregnant women :)

Like Bev said - any level of exercise that you did before u were pregnant is fine - im still dancing 3 and 4 classes a week. You're body will tell you pretty quickly if your doing too much - BH are usually my indicator i need to slow down a wee bit.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back