Exercise... whats safe?

dani1512

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im 24 weeks pregnant and im a little overweight. I had those few extra pounds before i became pregnant lol. I was just wondering if its safe to exercise to try to lose some flabby bits now then ive not got as much to lose when the baby is born? I only mean about 30 mins of jogging etc. Thank you x

I'm no guru but I used to work in a gym. I'd suggest if you can (can be a tad pricey) book in with a personal trainer, at least for a few sessions as they will put together a programme specifically for a pregnant women (that you can follow yourself without them) and they will show you how to keep an eye on your heart rate etc. Alternatively most gyms offers a programme service where an instructor will have a chat and put something together for you generally for free. The downside is that they may not know much about what a pregnant woman should or should not be doing. Speak to the staff. They will advise you best! Good luck!

I personally would stick to something like swimming as they say you shouldn't start doing something that you weren't doing before, if you were jogging regularly 30 minutes before it should be fine. I also do pregnancy yoga xx

AquaNatal! Should be available at a local pool and its great for before and after baby is born (at my local you can attend until baby is 1 :) )

I thing the general concensus that I found on various websites is that walking and swimming are the best exercises for pregnant women. So I've tried to encorporate tham into my life, at least half an hour to an hour a day. Swimming twice a week and a walk to the shops every day for some fresh fruit or a decaf coffee (no muffins though :D my sugar cravings are dangerous enough!)

Last edited:
I'm currently doing 2 Exercise Dvd's, "Davina Mcall Pre and post natal" and "10minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates". The Davina one is very gentle and doesn't get you sweating and huffing and puffing (which is good) but you do still feel like you've done something. The Pilates one i find quite tough (i'm a novice!) but again it keeps your heart rate down. I got both off Amazon. xxx

Last edited:
I'm trying to do more exercise too.

Exercise bike is really good but you cant use a normal bike (incase you fall off), I think jogging machines are ok, but again dont think you can actually jog? I'm sure there was a thread about it ages ago.

And the dvd's sound great, i'm defo gonna get some of them. I dont necessarily want to lose weight but want to be as fit as I can for giving birth.

:)

I'm currently doing 2 Exercise Dvd's, "Davina Mcall Pre and post natal" and "10minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates". The Davina one is very gentle and doesn't get you sweating and huffing and puffing (which is good) but you do still feel like you've done something. The Pilates one i find quite tough (i'm a novice!) but again it keeps your heart rate down. I got both off Amazon. xxx

Thanks for posting this, i've been wondering what pregnancy dvd's I could do. I got OH to download the 10 minute solutions one, it looks really good, you can combine it to a full 50min work out if you want, he couldn't get Davina's one it looks really good, gonna buy it off ebay next time I have some spare cash.

Gonna start doing the 10 min one tomorrow night, might try and at least do 30 mins. How often do you do the dvd's and have you noticed any difference?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back