Exclusively expressing

I was over producing milk so once I stopped the night feed it just meant that I only stored 5oz in the freezer instead of 10oz.
To get enough milk for B I needed to express 4 times a day and I would generally have spares as well. He would drink 6-8oz every 3/4 hours.
This was using a double hospital grade pump and having unlimited support from family and friends x

So tonight I mentioned buying a pumping bra to hubby.

He asked how much they were ...

5 mins later I have a tubigrip on, two holes at the nipples and we have handsfee pumping! :rotfl:

Currently in discussions about designs for a backpack and really good batteries to allowe me to pump and clean at the same time :rotfl:

Lol I ended up doing the same Tweety!

I got mine off eBay for £5 in the end.

I love my new breastpump bra!

Today I managed to express and feed Aaron at the same time. It was a bit fiddly and awkward, but we managed it.

I'm currently sitting up waiting to express at midnight so I can sleep through the night :lol:

Think a long hot shower is in order as Aaron and hubby are in bed!

I'm very new to all this and I have a few questions for ladies that express.

Thus far I've not been 100% expressing, maybe one feed a day I've had to top up with formula BUT I'm moving away from that now and for the past few days it's been 100% breast milk for baby!

I know this may sound stupid but do you still get all the same benefits from expressing (baby is getting my milk which is the main thing but I am wondering if expressing helps your uterus shrink etc....)

James is a very hungry baby and takes 4fl oz every 4 hours. Sometimes he is screaming for food again within the 3 hours :shock::shock::shock:

Thanks is advance!

xxxxxx

Yes Hun you still get all the same benefits from expressing xxx

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Feel free to pm me hun if you want to ask any questions as I know I had a fair few in the beginning!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Why am I not getting very much from expressing? You guys seem to get loads. I am expressing very few hours and it takes me 30 mins just to get 70ml :( I can barely keep up with lo demands. I've tried eating oats, I express in the night, tried ht shower, I do skin to skin. I this a really bad amount for 3 weeks into it?xx

Why am I not getting very much from expressing? You guys seem to get loads. I am expressing very few hours and it takes me 30 mins just to get 70ml :( I can barely keep up with lo demands. I've tried eating oats, I express in the night, tried ht shower, I do skin to skin. I this a really bad amount for 3 weeks into it?xx

It will increase! I was about 70ml back when he was 3 weeks old hun. I know its hard to see other woman getting more.

Your body will produce what he needs. I was always amazed when my volumes increased at exactly the same time as Aaron increased his feeds.

Keep an eye on your milk as you are expressing, make a note of when you stop getting milk - and express for 5 mins after that.

Aaron is 11 weeks old now - sometimes I get 100ml, sometimes I get 350ml. But I have never "run out"

Try not to stress as it wont help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back