Exclusively expressing

Lol I will gladly use that as an excuse for a small drink... Do you think a small glass of wine would work just as well? (I'm guessing its the alcohol content that does it?)

I think it's actually something in beer but at the same time I think if a glass of wine will help you to relax then I say go for it! The more relaxed you are the more you will get out x

I've been told by the hospital that I should e expressing 8-10 times in 24 hrs. Also that one of those has to be between 12-4am, all in order to keep my supply up.

Each day I get a little bit more, which is good as Aaron is turning into the cookie monster! X

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

tweety I am so impressed that you are keeping up with bf / expressing, it sounds exhausting! You should be so proud of yourself! You have a lucky lil boy :) Xx

Omg ive lost the plot

I'm up
Halfway through expressing when I realise I only expressed
An hour ago and I'm supposed to be asleep .wall2:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

oh hun you are doing so well! go back to bed! Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

So I'm still going ... I'm now expressing for 20 mins every 3 hours to keep up with demand. I've been going for 8 weeks - I'm a third of the way there as I intend on bf'ing for 6 months

I'm not going to lie, its exhausting, but totally worth it - I have tyhougt about giving up every now and again but couldn't do it.

My nipples are bloody killing me though - bad enough that I can't sleep on my tummy. I don't think nipples are supposed to get this tortured by a machine! I've used that nipple cream - can't remember the name off hand, but I'm still in agony!

Well done for keeping going! I stopped at 3 months due to starting KIT days at work.
Remember to treat your boobs as if your breastfeeding so warm flannels etc. I also found Avent nipple cream really good to use as well as lanisoh as it was very cooling and moisturising x

I exclusively express. Every 2 hours if I can. My lo is really sick from formula. Was topping him up in the early days. He isn't sick from my milk so that makes me determined to continue. It's hard work as it feels like I am double feeding. Need time to express then need time to feed!!! xx

I exclusively express. Every 2 hours if I can. My lo is really sick from formula. Was topping him up in the early days. He isn't sick from my milk so that makes me determined to continue. It's hard work as it feels like I am double feeding. Need time to express then need time to feed!!! xx

Yeah it does feel like that to start with but it does get easier - I know how you feel about the determination - I'm not usually stubborn but I wasn't giving in!

I'm 10 weeks into exclusively expressing, and have got myself into a good routine.

Aaron has just started sleeping through the night.

What would normally happen if I was regularly BFing?

Do I need to continue to express 8-10 times a day, even though he is only feeding 4-5 times a day now? I'm expressing 3-400ml extra a day - which I'm storing in the freezer.

I've also decided that there's really no point in giving up at 6 months, I may as well go the year! Yes I'm mad :lol:

Anyway my point is I'm happy to still to a night express if I have to, but I'd like to reduce the amount of times I'm expressing throughout the day from every 3 hours to every 4 hours.

How amazing are you! Well done for getting this far!
I once read an interesting article that said "feed your baby not your freezer"
So basically of you have over supply and lots of storage it's time to drop a feed.
I dropped the night one first and I had boobs to make Jordan jealous!

Eventually I only had to pump 3 times a day and that gave enough for LO x

Well done hun you are doing such an amazing job! I ended up expressing every four hours after seven weeks the C managed to latch on using shields so I only expressed one feed.

I expressed at 12 midnight then again at 6am so if you do ever want a bit of sleep as Aaron is sleeping through (lucky thing!) you can always drop an expressing session.

What pimp are you using him? Xx

What pimp are you using him?

:rotfl:

How very dare you!

I'm using a hospital grade pump that is on loan from the hospital - which I'm very lucky to have!

I'm now getting 200-250 mls in 20 mins :pompom:

He's taking on average 200ml feeds

MrsT - when you dropped your night feed did your volumes stay up?

What pimp are you using him?

:rotfl:

How very dare you!

I'm using a hospital grade pump that is on loan from the hospital - which I'm very lucky to have!

I'm now getting 200-250 mls in 20 mins :pompom:

He's taking on average 200ml feeds

MrsT - when you dropped your night feed did your volumes stay up?

Bahhaha! Sorry Hun!!

He's a good feeder then! Xx

I dropped my night one as LO started to sleep through, and my supply dropped :( Between 12-2am is the best time apparantly. xx

Yeah thats what I was told Em, well between 12-4am is when your hormone is at its highest (which makes me think that mother nature is a bit of a cow! WHy couldn't it be 12-4pm?)

I think I'll keep up my night express and try to get it closer to midnight (as I currently get up about 3am) then that way I'll get to sleep through

Aaron is still asleep, I put him to bed at 8pm :shock:

I dropped my night one as LO started to sleep through, and my supply dropped :( Between 12-2am is the best time apparantly. xx

Yeah, apparently it's a natural thing to do with fight or flight - less likely for feed to be interpreted by a predator in he middle of the night.
X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back