Evelyn

Steph26

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just a quick update - sorry it's a bit late - but find below my beautiful baby girl Evelyn - Evie - who was born on the 1st of July via emergency C-Section,at 9:11am weighing 6.5lb,

I was induced on the Wednesday due to my diabetes and ended up getting so sick and dehydrated on the friday - that she started getting distressed so they rushed me up to the theatre and voila! there she was. It was a surreal and amazingly emotional experience.

We went home a couple of days later before i was then readmitted a week later with an infection :/ after 5 days I got discharged for good.

The first three months was (as i had been advised) the hardesr - I was so tired, and so insecure about what I was doing and if it was right or wrong that I couldn't stop crying - I didn't get out very much at first due to having only passed my test just before she was born - and due to my c-section recovery, My husband kept trying to reassure me that I was doing a great job but it wasn't getting through and i felt like i just wanted to run away. I was also struggling with getting used to being at home all day and having not many people to speak to - once the inital burst of visitors had oassed.

She's now 16 weeks old and is smiling and gurgling and a lot easier to settle (still not sleeping all night!) I've started driving further afield and going to baby classes and have made some friends - and been mightily relieved to hear other people having gone through the same thing.

The tiredness is still there, and of course there are days where I can't figure out what is wrong with Evie which in turn makes me feel awful - but now I have s much more confidence I handle it all a lo better and I am love our little routine together Seeing her smile and gurgle and playing with her even just cuddling makes my day.

So for any of you going through a tough time - I know it's a cliche but you do honestly find it will get better and easier.

So in love with her )

Hope you guys are well xxxx

Attachments

• Me and evie.JPG
    Me and evie.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Evie.JPG
    Evie.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 39
Beautiful baby girl. All the best x

Ahh, she's adorable, it is hard at first with a new baby such a massive responsibility and so much to learn. Congratulations xxx

What a little beauty, congratulations! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back