Evelyn 17/04/08 12:41am

*Cupcake*

Reaction score
I went to hospital on Tuesday as I couldn’t keep anything down. Id been getting contractions on and off since Sunday night/Monday morning. I had to ring the hospital about 4 times before anyone would take me seriously. I hadn’t slept since Saturday night and Id been vomiting up everything since the morning. By about 9pm I started to lose my balance and my vision was really messed up I couldn’t do anything but sob threw the pains. I didn’t want to call the hospital again as they made out I was being silly. In the end my OH said he was taking me in just in case. After being left in the waiting room for over 3 hours I was finally seen. They checked me over and said I was 3cm and it wouldn’t be long until she was here... I was also very dehydrated and needed fluids asap. I was in so much pain! I was put on a ward and my OH was allowed to stay with me. It was horrid. The other women in the ward were being induced and there I was screaming when I got a contraction they were so painful and I didn’t get a real break between them as she was back to back. They kept me on a monitor for so long I was in agony. On Wednesday at around 5 I finally got to 4cm and was sent to the delivery suit as the birth centre said i was too poorly. My contractions were threw the roof so at 9.30 we were shocked to find I was still only 4cm. I had an epi and my waters broken, she had pooped. I was still in pain even with the epi, the midwife said it happens to around 5 out of 100. The trace kept losing her so they put a clip on her head. At around 11 my temprature and pulse went crazy and I blacked out. I thought Id closed my eyes for a second but it turned out I was unresponsive for almost a minute. I woke to find a crash team around me, Then babys heart went crazy. I was put on an antibiotic drip and after 20 minutes I blacked out again. I woke up with about 15 people around me. I was preped for a c section, they topped up my epi but then said there wasn’t enough time so gave me a general. Evelyn was born at 12.41am on the 17th of April weighing 9lb3. I was in recovery at 1.20am and she was having her first bf at 1.30am though I can barely remember. Which breaks my heart.

The afternoon after she was born she was very warm and wouldn’t settle or feed. I though it was the fact the room was hotter then the sun but called the buzzer anyway. She was taken to the neonatal unit as I had a fever in labour they though she might have an infection. Ive never cried so much in my life. She was kept they over night. Then she was allowed to come back but had to be taken down at 10am and 10pm for IV antibiotics for 5 days. I hated it I had it all planned threw my pregnancy, I wanted a natural birth in the birth centre pool and now I was struggling to move and my baby was sick. A few days in a baby died on the ward. That night I had the most horrid dream that my baby had died in the night. I woke up and touched her hand which she had wiggled out of her blanket and it was cold. I can’t explain how I felt in that moment it was like a life time. I couldn’t breathe. Then she let out a little sigh. I’ve never felt relief like it. Now I’m constantly worried about her to the point of making myself sick.

We were finally allowed home after 6 days on the ward. Walking outside for the first time in over a week was overwhelming. I thought my heart was going to stop. I stepped threw the door and broke down crying. I’ve basically been a mess since I got home. I hate the fact the c section has limited everything I do.

Shes so beautiful and I love her so much it hurts.

Sorry about the type o’s and the fact its rather depressing.

2440837048_85575c8a3a.jpg

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like you had a hard time. Hope things get better now your home.

Congratulations im sure she is beautiful

:cheer: Congratulations :cheer:
She is beautiful :D

I am sorry that you didnt get the birth you wanted hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry things didn't go as you planned, I know how you feel (though not to the extent you went through). Just look at your beautiful little girl.

Try not to keep things bottled up hun, talking about it definitely helps, don't go through it alone if you're feeling down :hug: .

congratulations hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

so sorry you had such a rough time. Your little girl is beautiful, keep looking at her and smiling :) xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry you had a rough time- but your gorgeous daughter more than makes up for it I'm sure! :lol:

I am so sorry that your experience wasn't what you were hoping for, it must have been very distressing to have your little baby taken away to the unit. I am glad you are both home now though. Little Evelyn is beautiful. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i am really sorry you had such a horrendous experience. im glad you and ur beautiful daughter are home safe :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

it sounds as though you need to talk about your labour as it seems to be playing on your mind, make sure you let ur midwife know how you feel, you've been through a traumatic experience so its not surprising you still feel upset about it. in time you'll be able to push the bad memories to one side and focus on enjoying ur little girl :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

congratulations hun and so sorry the birth didnt go as planned :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww, congratulations she is beautiful. im sorry the birth didnt go to plan :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back