Baby Ryan born 1.6.07 at 22.43pm

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
After asking to be induced at 38 weeks due to painful SPD and a few other problems I was expecting it to be straight forward. It was anything but :(

At 37 weeks I had high blood pressure so the midwife sent me straight to the hospital where I stayed for 2 days. While I was there the consultant agreed to induce me at 38 weeks and told me to come in during the week for a scan to check babys position etc, then to come in Sunday night to be induced.

I went in on the Wednesday for my scan and she said he was about 9lb but I had polyhydramnios which means I had too much amniotic fluid. She said she couldnt let me go home incase my waters broke as there was a high risk of prolapsed cord.

I was gutted cos I was planning to go out that afternoon and buy all the stuff I needed ready for hospital on the Sunday. It turned out that I couldnt go home til Id had him so it was all totally unprepared.

I spoke to the consultant who said they'd take me into theatre and break my waters while pushing down on the babys head to make sure he sealed the cervix so the cord couldnt go down. By this point I was terrified cos they told me if something went wrong they'd have to put me to sleep and do an emergency section. A section was my worst nightmare.

I went into theatre on the Friday morning and although I was shitting myself it all went well and I was taken back to the labour ward where they set up a drip to start my contractions.

I managed to get to 5cm before I used the gas and air and asked for some diamorphine. After that I was lay on the bed telling Daniel it was easy and I could get to 10cm no bother cos I was so spaced out :oops:

Then the midwives had to go and burst my bubble, they came in with all these doctors and said the babys head was tilted slightly and wasnt gonna come down so they wanted to do a section.

By this point I was just excited that he could be here sooner than I first thought so I happily agreed to the section. Ryan arrived at 22.43pm and weighed exactly 9lb. I was amazed that the scan Id had 2 days earlier had predicted it so accurately :lol:

Daddy gave him his first bottle then after an hour in the recovery room I was taken to the ward. After 2 weeks of going backwards and forwards to the hospital, having my waters broken in theatre, going through 10 hours of labour then having a section, I was emotionally and physically exhausted but I thought fuck it, he's here now and I can take him home and enjoy him. It didnt even work out like that though.

He was taken to SCBU after 3 days. When he was 8 days old we finally got to bring him home. Theres still a long way to go and we're not sure what the diagnosis is yet but I've got my gorgeous boy home with me and Im just taking it a day at a time 8)

ryan.jpg

I can totally empathise...

I hope you are feeling ok Kirsty.

Many congratulations on the birth of baby Ryan!

congratulations hun hope your recoving from your c secton okay hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

A Massive CONGRATULATIONS hun he's absolutely gorgeous. I hope everything works out of and its nothing serious.

Congratulations sweedie - he is one gorgeous little boy!! :cheer:

Congratulations Kirsty, Ryan is adoarble.
Sorry you've had such a time the last few weeks. hope you and ryan feel better soon. :hug:
By the way Evie has that bouncer chair, she is obsessed with the bee rattle :lol:

Congratulations Kirsty. Ryan looks very content in his pictures. :D

Having seen your post in the third tri section, i had to look on here for your announcement.
Sorry it was not such a pleasant experience, but i am glad you have that little squish home with you now. Your lovely pic has made me even more excited to meet my little one. Congratulations and make sure hubby spoils you so you can rest up xx

Congratulations - sorry it didn't go according to plan - hope he's going to be OK and that you are recovering OK from your section

LBxx

He's gorgeous Kirsty - and I hope you are recovering well.

Please keep us updated on his progress.

Love

Valentine xxx

Many congrats Kirsty on the birth of your gorgeous lil chap......I love his hair! I hope everything turns out ok for you all. :hug:

Is Josh smitten? I bet he feels proud to be a big brother :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back